Anyone heard of NANKNAG tyres? - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-11-2006
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the mud tyre isn't too bad on road
Has no side tread for offroad
Wear very well
Not so convinced about them offroad, they're not great in soft dirt... but then they were on a patrol
Old 17-11-2006
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts

The muddies are pretty tough, mine have takend a beating over the last 12 months or so with no problems.

Checkout the scrape marks on the sidewall

Cheers
Steve

Last edited by Steve F; 17-11-2006 at 06:07 PM.
Old 17-11-2006
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 121 Times in 64 Posts

ive got the at`s and i would have them over bfg`s which i had before, any day even if bfg`s were same price had the at in bfg.I must admit they have surprised me in the last 12 months i expected flat tyres on the trail in some of the places ive taken them but so far only nails ive picked up have caused flats and at half the price of the big brands in my tyre size they have been worth it SO FAR!
Old 17-11-2006
The Leaver of Red Jeeps

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

I'd like to hear from more people who have never owned them, seen them, or even known someone who has them...

My brother in law runs them on his BMW 850 as they come in whatever goofy size it is that he needs for that car. He likes them and he thrashes the s&*t out of 'em.

Last edited by Cpage66; 17-11-2006 at 06:21 PM.
Old 18-11-2006
Jack
Visitor

I've got Nankang wild conquerer super tripper (27" all terrain) tyre on my ute and they work pretty good off road. The tread clears mud better than my mate's BFG A/T tyres and road noise is not intrusive. Tread blocks have enough siping to make them comfortable and predictable enough to drive on wet roads.

My observation is that while these tyres are rated as light truck, they have a relatively soft compound and no additional sidewall reinforcement like some other tyres. Sidewall scrub marks like those shown above are common, but I've never had a sidewall puncture yet (actually, I've never had a puncture with the Nankangs). Tread depth is average (cooper tyres are deeper for example), and I've got some areas of rubber chipping on the tread blocks. They bag out pretty good when aired down and I often run them at 16psi on rocky, rutted tracks, and when I'm on sand. For lightweight 4WDs I think they are well worth considering.

Would I buy them again - yep. For $110 a tyre and the way they perform, they are very hard to go past.
Old 20-11-2006
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nankang are supposed to owned by bridgestone I think?. So are a Korean version of Japanise tyre
Old 20-11-2006
RubiconSlammer

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpage66
My brother in law runs them on his BMW 850 as they come in whatever goofy size it is that he needs for that car. He likes them and he thrashes the s&*t out of 'em.
Same here for my old 7 series.
Gripped like hell, unless you were telling the car not to.
4 wheel slides on roundabouts, release then instant grip.

I had the NS2s in 245/20/18 on front and 275/15/18s on the rear.
2001 XJ TD 31s & 5"
Post New Thread  Reply