What did you do to your Grand today (ZJ/WJ)? - Page 134 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-03-2016
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Finally pampered her. New wing, upgraded the 6x9s, new box and engine oil, new filter, replaced injector washer and gave it a full clean on the inside so it's good as new! Just to sort the high idle when not braking now :/
Old 20-04-2016
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

In prep for the Border Track this weekend I tidied a few things up.
Fitted a power inverter in the back, and made a power board for all my chargers for various things, saves having them all loose and hanging around the place. I carpeted a bit of board and velcroed a power board on top and velcroed my 2 camera chargers (still have another) AA/AAA charger, drone and phone charger to the board.
looks neat and should serve it's purpose both in the car and out.
Old 20-04-2016
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 388 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
Finally pampered her. New wing, upgraded the 6x9s, new box and engine oil, new filter, replaced injector washer and gave it a full clean on the inside so it's good as new! Just to sort the high idle when not braking now :/
got a air leak ?
check your back breather hoses , check PVC , and all vac hoses.
when was the last time you checked the throttle cables so on ?
Old 01-05-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 342 Times in 221 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Found the cause of the ABS dash light staying on, both wires broken on the front left speed sensor loom.

Took the sensor and wires off, soldered them together, heat shrinked it all up. Refitted.

No more ABS light.

While I was at it got onto the next issue.

I've been keen to cycle the front end without springs and disconnected sway bar for ages. On the hoist, tranny jack as the lifting muscle. Only got onto it today, and what a story it told

Turns out the already extended bump stops are doing zero
Never take things for granted... I'll get onto it this week.

The pics show the suspension when fully lifted.

Right side.

Left side.

I'm not liking how the drag link TRE's get near maxed out, I'll look for options, see what others are doing.

Bottom OEM steering damper is cactus too.
Old 01-05-2016
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

I fixed the ball warmer in the driver's seat today, wire was burnt between ball and bum pads. Added a bit of wire and now she's all good.
Old 05-05-2016
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)
Red face

Just went out to tinker on it, there's been an annoying elusive rattle in the front at times.

Finally found it. I think Thanks to tell tale sign of shiny metal where it should not be shiny.

The right hand diff upper control arm mount (unused now) has been hitting a steering damper bolt.

Undone the offending bolt to turn it around and...well... might as well take it off. It's rooted, got zero damping resistance.

Might as well finally take the bottom one off too then, it's leaked out all it's oil lately.

Turns out both dampers were doing zero. Dead weight
Old 07-05-2016
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

Two weeks ago one of the IRO front coil spring retainers for the tops fall off. To me it's not a real solid design. So, back then, I made my own top retainer tubes and welded them on.

Today I made a pair of 'strap style' front coil spring retainers for the bottoms. Out of heavy duty webbing, steel clamp plates, and bolted to the lower spring perch.

I've always had a fear of losing a coil at full droop. The bottom rubber spring isolators are fairly good at holding the springs, but not enough for my liking. At full droop the springs are away from the top isolators by 5 inches.

Took Dexter the Grand Cherro out this arvo. Oh mannn. Finally getting it all sorted. No annoying suspension clanking, groaning. It's running nicely and fun to drive.

I always have sworn I'd never make my own rear bar with tyre carrier, but starting to think about it. I hated the work that went into the front one, but it's been brilliant, works well, functional, and plenty of comments. If I make a rear one, push through the pain...incorporating a rear winch...it should be worth it.

Last edited by Hoobz; 07-05-2016 at 08:55 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply