What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 1291 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-11-2012
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,110 Times in 691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by quints View Post
Decided the silver wheels looked, well, 'ordinary'. So, fixed it.

Hasn't made it any faster / flexible / otherwise more capable for some reason.
You're getting closer....

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Old 25-11-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Pulled out the rear sound bar to sort out putting in the Jaycar Precision Response 6.5" speakers I have to go in.

Old 25-11-2012
AJOR Gold

Liked 67 Times in 34 Posts

well got bored today and was looking at the xj and decided to make up some front shock extentions.

because of how much i had to extend the bump stops to avoind rubbing i wasnt using about 55mm of the uptravel of the front shocks. so made up 40mm extentions for the shocks and cut a swaybar bush in half and slipped it over the shaft of the shock then tappe around it just incase i bounce it on the bump stop it should stop anychance of botteming shock out.

worked out i now have about a 2mm gap bettwen the diff and re ezy flex arms at full drop
Old 25-11-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 98 Times in 65 Posts

finished off the final adjustments for a roady. when to put some sway bar bushes in that i had laying around and ended up threading one of the bolts in there, now it just sits half loose..can be a problem for another day
Old 26-11-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Stupid ********ing jeep is more of a lemon every day i own it. Interior lights wont turn off now, nothing changed, they just decided to never turn off. Power steering has one from slow leak to drain full in 4 days. Starter motor hasnt sorted itself out yet, battery (before interior lights thing started) keeps dieing, probably alternator. Boytom seal is leaking from beind where someone has siliconed it up, and when i went to take the batt termi off, the terminal snapped off!! ********in over it atm. ********ing jeep

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=119640
Old 26-11-2012
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 125 Times in 99 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
Stupid ********ing jeep is more of a lemon every day i own it. Interior lights wont turn off now, nothing changed, they just decided to never turn off. Power steering has one from slow leak to drain full in 4 days. Starter motor hasnt sorted itself out yet, battery (before interior lights thing started) keeps dieing, probably alternator. Boytom seal is leaking from beind where someone has siliconed it up, and when i went to take the batt termi off, the terminal snapped off!! ********in over it atm. ********ing jeep
With the interior lights, the headlight switch rotates to turn them all on & off. Full left there is a click and they are on. Turn to the right & they will click off. Just have the headlights on when you do it because the switch is then the instrument cluster light dimmer left to right.
Old 26-11-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
With the interior lights, the headlight switch rotates to turn them all on & off. Full left there is a click and they are on. Turn to the right & they will click off. Just have the headlights on when you do it because the switch is then the instrument cluster light dimmer left to right.
Thanks dude! thats one problem down. Im gunna see if i can start it and drive to Autobarn now to replace the terminals (might as well do both) and throw some stop leak down a few hatches. will see how that turns out...

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=119640
Post New Thread  Reply