What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 294 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-08-2009
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjsteve View Post
moving the heater controls wasnt hard, just unplugged the vacum setup and rerouted it over the wiring harness then plugged it back in, had to cut off the top left scew tab cause it interferred with the facer clipping back on and re drilled the screw holes, as for fitting the double din head unit it took a lot of customising to fit that, had to practically cut out all of the air con tubing and stuff behind the dash cause the air con takes up so much room, all that is left of the air con box is the bottom box everything abouve thats gone, no venting to either side vents and the middle vents gone also, but saying that it hasnt affected the air con that much at all, all the cold air just falls out from under the dash and keeps the car chilly, it doesnt blow in your face like it used to but if air cons in good enough order the car cools down quick and stays that way, plus the head unit stays cool and doesnt over heat, we were goin to use a hole saw in the center to make vent holes but that wasnt necesarry, geze there a mongrel car with the dash of, all blow mould plastic everywhere no room to work or run cables, my mate and i hade the jeep totally disassembled for over a week to get all the wires, amp leads and rca leads in and out of sight, my only thing now is i want to do a dual battery set up but there is bugger all room any where in the car for it to fit neatly, the amps fitted nicesly but i am goin to install some cpu fans in the face of the panel to allow some decent air flow over the whole lot, definatly worth all the work thou to have decent tunes, gps nav, dvd player, hands free phone kit and reversing camera ability., i still havent got around to making the drawer to fit over the top of all the equipment yet, but was even thinkin of just putting a drop down door on the front instead, like a cupbourd instead of a draw, what yall think?
Sounds like a fair bit of work and customizing went into it but it looks like every bit worth it! Very Nice!!
Old 24-08-2009
RustysRocker

Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts

Build a new relay control box for the roof rack lighting, more compact, more tidy, and the indicator lights on the cabin switches work now! Also connected the battery feed with anderson plugs, giving an option for connecting power eg trailer mounted battery
Old 24-08-2009
TerraFlexer

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts

Got new Pro Comp Explorer gas shocks and xtended bump stops fitted,as well as front coils.Also new roof lining.
Old 24-08-2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Finished up my stereo install, with a new amp, and some new 6.5" 250 watt 4 ways in the rear. I'm stoked! It's certainly got some punch.
Old 24-08-2009
Established Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

fitted the uhf with police scanner, found out that the adjustable front control arms are hitting the inner guard at 2/3 spring compression.
now have to get shorter bolts and refit
Old 25-08-2009
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

changed all my oils and put the spare on the roof as it doesn't fit inside no more. Then had a play in the paddock.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	17082009008.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	35011  
Old 25-08-2009
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

replaced standard tow points with heavy duty tow hooks. sprayed underside with fish oil. fitted fire extinguisher in load area.