What does your reading on the litres per 100km dial read? - Page 20 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-01-2011
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 107 Times in 78 Posts

Showing my ignorance here but what's the difference? I assumed vortex was just a brand name for the Caltex diesel rather than a specific type of diesel.

I usually use Shell as that tends to be the cheapest of the garages I know around the northern beaches but do occasionally use Caltex. Haven't noticed any difference between the two but wasn't really looking for it. Will have to remember to note which type I fill up with and see if it makes a difference.
Old 28-01-2011
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-JK View Post
Showing my ignorance here but what's the difference? I assumed vortex was just a brand name for the Caltex diesel rather than a specific type of diesel.

I usually use Shell as that tends to be the cheapest of the garages I know around the northern beaches but do occasionally use Caltex. Haven't noticed any difference between the two but wasn't really looking for it. Will have to remember to note which type I fill up with and see if it makes a difference.
Vortex is the new premium, diesel. Like its petrol counterpart it is a lot cleaner than the regular fuel. It is slightly more expensive but theoretically there should be an improvement in economy which off sets the extra cost. I have definitly noticed an improvement in economy from using the Vortex petrol and my guess is the diesel should be the same. I think the main advantage is the quality of the cleaner fuel. There is likely to be less engine wear as regular unleaded is quite unclean (brown stuff) compared to premium versions.

regards A
Old 31-01-2011
not just a web wheeler

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Drove to Phillip Is on the weekend in my jk. Speedo is 100% and with my Aeroforce Gauge Setup the truck will sit at 12.2 per 100 at 100, at 90 10.9 and at 80 11.2. Overall up and back did 12.4 on a bloody hot weekend.
This on 37s and 4.88s with the aerodynamics of a brick im happy!
Old 31-01-2011
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

barely drive through rush ours, so mines is pretty low---10.7L/
P.S. my jk is a 2 door manual petrol.
Old 02-02-2011
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Wesfil air cleaners

Hi guy's
I have been reading the figures that every one is getting and it's been pissing me off, I do a lot of around town driving about 800 k's per week.
And get 14.5 To 15.6 average,when at idle I can watch the figures go up to 17

I run 35" with 4.56 gears auto CRD, no muffler on the exhaust and done 72000 and running Wesfil air cleaner.

I stop at Jeep on the way home and picked up genuine air cleaner.changed over from the Wesfil that was new 2000 k earlier

Just drove 70 k's in to the city 13.2 l/100 and have been idling for 10 minutes with no change in l/100

This is a huge difference with just a air filter change.

I will be running genuine air cleaners from now on.
Old 02-02-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 75 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sckath View Post
Hi guy's
I have been reading the figures that every one is getting and it's been pissing me off, I do a lot of around town driving about 800 k's per week.
And get 14.5 To 15.6 average,when at idle I can watch the figures go up to 17

I run 35" with 4.56 gears auto CRD, no muffler on the exhaust and done 72000 and running Wesfil air cleaner.

I stop at Jeep on the way home and picked up genuine air cleaner.changed over from the Wesfil that was new 2000 k earlier

Just drove 70 k's in to the city 13.2 l/100 and have been idling for 10 minutes with no change in l/100

This is a huge difference with just a air filter change.

I will be running genuine air cleaners from now on.
Always have used genuine air,oil,fuel filters on previous brand 4wds - going to do the same with the JK..!