JKU: Building of a Jeep named C'C - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2014
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 97 Times in 31 Posts
Default JKU: Building of a Jeep named C'C

Hi guys I'm going to start a build thread for my new Red 09 JKU called C'C.

As you may know I started of 2 years ago with a stock 07 shorty and fitted it with the following

AEV 2.5" XT lift with drop brkts
AEV front and rear bar
AEV diff slider
ARB black diff cover
EVO Protek sump protection
TJM 9000lb winch
JKS disconnects
Tom woods front drive shaft
Uneek 4x4 slider
Trailskins
Orcon 80ch UHF
Sharpracks Super spoiler roof rack.
Aurora 20' lightbar.

This what it looks like today.

We have loved our shorty and it taken us some great place but we have always been a bit wary of the shorty wheel base on steep inclines and descents and it always made my wife a little uneasy when faced with a steep climb that the JKU's always made look a lot easier, we also wanted to move to a JKU so we had 4 doors as all our cars were 2 doors only and we were limited when taking people out (The JK hasn't had the rear seats in for over 12 months).

So we have purchased a clean 1 owner 09 Red JKU with full service history, we were looking for a Rubicon but could not find one that wasn't black and a black car was a definite no no for us even if it was a Rubicon.

This is the day we picked the 4 door up, a blank canvas, just a stock std JKU.

The plan now is to transfer everything over from the shorty to the JKU with the exception of the Trailskinz and Uneek 2dr sliders which have been sold. The JK will be put back to std and cleaned up and then sold, once the JKU has all the mods on it from the JK we will then give it new springs to lift it a little and level it, it will then be a work in progress over a couple of years.

Short term plan is (6-12 months)

WDA JK GraBars
Lockers front and rear.
AEV rear tire carrier and extra fuel caddy.
34" tires (largest legal tires I can go too) on either AEV Argent Pintler's or Argent Savegre rims (when the 31" Goodyear MT/R are buggered)

Long term plan (12-24 months)

Bestop Trextop NX
Tube doors and mirror relocation brkts
Drive line mods to suit the 34" rims.
Long Range tank.

Other mods as I think of what I want, this jeep is going to be set up more for overlanding than rock crawling but it also has to be capable of doing the trips we go on once a month with the BJC and the many 4WD parks we visit here in QLD, it also has to be able to tow a offroad 750kg camping trailer within the next year.

Thats it for now, I will keep this updated as things progress.

Cheers Stephen

Red JKU, AEV Front & Rear Bar, AEV 2.5 XT Lift.
TJM Winch, Sharpwrax Super Spoiler.

Last edited by Hotdognz; 11-09-2014 at 08:32 PM.
Old 09-09-2014
Full Flexer

The mods started the day after we got Gus, I picked up some Rubicon sliders cheap so it was off with the running boards and on with the sliders.

Also ordered some parts to go with the black and red theme im after which turned up today and ill install tomorrow. Genuine Mopar jeep badge and fuel cap from Aftermarket Jeep Parts Australia, these guys were cheaper than the china knockoffs on Ebay and deliver was very fast.

Old 11-09-2014
Full Flexer

Ha ha Jeep been renamed to C'C, Gus didn't sit well with me so we have renamed it.

Old 11-09-2014
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 194 Times in 122 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

In keeping with your black out theme, there is a short black radio antenna available that screws in to replace the existing one, and I reckon a can of plastidip would cover the keyholes quick smart.
Old 11-09-2014
Full Flexer

On my last Jeep I took the std antenna off and painted it, still looks good today so will do the same, good idea on plasti dipping the keylocks...cheers

Old 13-09-2014
Full Flexer

Installed a few of the small bits that arrived this week.

Changed the chrome Jeep sign to Black and installed my Ebay grill mesh.

Did the Mopar fuel filler cap replacement and think it looks way better than the normal Jeep fuel filler, this should be std on all Jeeps. Install was easier than Jeep made it look in the instructions.

Fire extinguisher installed.

Happy with the way it all looks, now on to saving for the new rims and tires.

Old 06-10-2014
Full Flexer

Moved a bit more stuff from the JK to the JKU

Seat covers and Rugged Ridge pillar pod.

MSA seat cover got a warn no soapy wash before going in and came up as clean as new.

I also ordered the Sharpwrax upgrade kit for going from a JK soft-top fitting to a JKU hardtop fitting, kit comprised of longer middle bars for the rack and the hardtop mounting kit, install took about 30mins all up and I was very impressed with how well the fitting went.

Also fitted my Rugged Ridge bonnet clamps.

Post New Thread  Reply