What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 1560 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2018
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

I figured there was a reason for it. A locking pin in the way would do it!
Old 06-10-2018
Full Flexer

Liked 108 Times in 77 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turismo07 View Post
Some really amazing and innovative ideas there!!

Please share more info/pics on your rear bike carrier!

Here are some closer pics of the carrier, like I said pretty simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MY13 JKU Manual Billet Silver Rubicon,Leather,SAT/NAV,Towbar,AEV-Front-Bar
Old 08-10-2018
Established Member

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts
Default Rocks

Took the Suited Up Racing Jeep for a shakedown run on Sunday with the new front diff and 37 Treps. Went to Swan Gully 4x4 for a play through the creeks. Best news was I didn’t blow this diff up!!
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook Suited_up_racing
Old 10-10-2018
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 121 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom83 View Post
Here are some closer pics of the carrier, like I said pretty simple.
Very cool, simple but very effective. Thanks for sharing!
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121119
Old 15-10-2018
Full Flexer

Liked 108 Times in 77 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default What have you done to your JK this week? 1M Views

Not done yet but the first part of my electrical upgrade has arrived. Pretty happy with how it’s going to turn out, I will link a build thread here once I start putting it together.

That’s 200watt of solar that’s going to run into a intervolt dcc charger and third battery in the boot.
Second battery will be under the hood also fed by solar when in excess supply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MY13 JKU Manual Billet Silver Rubicon,Leather,SAT/NAV,Towbar,AEV-Front-Bar

Last edited by dom83; 16-10-2018 at 06:43 AM.
Old 16-10-2018
SwampDigger

Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

I got one of the Android units recently. I now understand a little of the bizarre behaviour of my JKU.

The new headunit displays a pic of the car with a door open in red, when one is opened.

Several of the procedures in the user manual require you to do something with the control on the drivers door. (Auto lock, all unlock.) But I have to use the passenger door control.

When I open the rear passenger door, the display shows it open, but if I have the front & rear passenger doors open, it displays the front right door & the rear left door!

Something in the wiring, or programming, of my JK is arse about!
Old 16-10-2018
Established Member

Liked 40 Times in 24 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Lights and Wild Boar grab bars

Got my new Stedi led lights installed, as well as a set of Wild Boar grab bars.

Lights: I went with the Stedi lights as they are ADR compliant and I’ve seen good reviews of them. Overall they are fantastic in terms of light penetration and spread. Huge improvement over the stock lights, even with higher power Phillip bulbs! My only criticism is that the DRL halos could be brighter. They’re not bad, but an extra bulb or two would put them on par with oem drls on many vehicles today.

Grab bars: I got these from eBay for about $60 (front and rear) and couldn’t be happier. They key to a quick install is to put a bit of anti seize on the bolts and run them in and out of the bolt holes without the handles first to get a feel for the angle they have to be installed at. Once I did that they handles went on in about 10 minutes. Very solid, and minimal interference with the sun visors.

Previous Jeeps: 1998 TJ Sport, 1999 XJ Cherokee
Post New Thread  Reply