What did you do to your WK Grand today? - Page 23 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-03-2016
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 279 Times in 197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ RIDER View Post
just spoke to Jeep. Just more confused really. They plugged it in and it came up with a low turbo boost code and a low fuel code. Interesting cos when it was plugged in on Saturday it came up with low turbo boost and maf sensor code.
So I'm guessing it is throwing P0299 error? I don't think there are any recalls or TSBs for that one. You can search them here:

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_tsb.htm

It sounds like a leak in the turbo, could be the EGR valve or boost control valve or something.... Almost sounds like someone got rid of it because they had a problem they couldn't get fixed. But Jeep should fix it under warranty. You might just have to be patient.

edit: perhaps the VGT actuator....

It's not a graphite limited by any chance?

Last edited by Benn0; 21-03-2016 at 02:52 PM.
Old 21-03-2016
Established Member

Liked 45 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn0 View Post

It's not a graphite limited by any chance?

It is a dark metallic grey limited

originally purchased and traded in Melbourne
Old 21-03-2016
RubiconSlammer

Hmmm, is the previous owner listed in the handbook? Because that guy Teg Sethi who made the video about buying a lemon jeep just sold his dark grey limited diesel back to Jeep in Melbourne about 3 months ago. He had a problem with the turbo that they couldn't fix, they kept replacing the turbo actuator and it kept flashing engine light warnings and registering turbo related codes.
Old 21-03-2016
Established Member

The name is there as I remember looking at it when I was searching for servicing records. I cant remember it being a strange name like that tho but its got me thinking. I didn't think it was traded all that long ago, cert not three months ago. It was traded on a BMW sedan recently.

Did it have color coded wheels, dark grey

Will check it out thanks Benn0
Old 21-03-2016
RubiconSlammer

No, they were stock wheels, so maybe a different one.... anyway, hopefully they will work it out and fix it.
Old 22-03-2016
Established Member

well Jeep have had it for 2 days now. They drove it home last night and nothing happened. They drove it again this arvo and it shat itself. Limped back to Jeep and it threw up the same turbo boost and maf faults. I told them that yesterday.

This thing is like the desal plant. Im paying to own it but I never see it working. Behond over it.
Old 22-03-2016
Established Member

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Sorry to hear about your problems mate – it really annoys me that you can’t take it back and get your money back (assuming that’s what you’d now do). If you buy something from a shop, get it home and it doesn’t work they legally have to give you your money back. Why is it not the same with cars!

I should also mention – and forgive me, I’m not rubbing your nose in it, but I’m just about to click over 90,000kms on my GC and all have been trouble free (as far as the car goes – dealership is a different story!)