What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 2660 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-05-2021
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 640 Times in 436 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbrown64 View Post
Good write up. I had a turbo muffler with a flap that used to drive me fucking nuts. I finally went into the muffler shop and just told him to put something on quieter.
Don’t know what it is, but she isn’t quiet or loud.

Cheers,
yeah, my muffler guys have 70yrs between them,
just tell them to put in something less restrictive than OEM, but not too loud, I have 2-1/2" and my muffler is a large one

@Alex..how long have you had your SS flex joint in?

When I asked they said dont bother, but I still want it

Have heard they can deteriorate quickly though ?
Old 13-05-2021
AJOR Gold

Liked 1,080 Times in 692 Posts

I’ve had the flex joint about 3 years I think. Still like brand new. I think with new engine mounts and a flex joint, it helps save your headers from cracking.
Cheers,
Old 23-05-2021
Established Member

Liked 134 Times in 72 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Just thought I'd share this for a shit and a giggle. Now that mechanically, the heep is running good (like, damn good), I'm starting to focus a bit more on the cosmetic stuff. Doing the full repaint is still a while off, I just don't have the time or energy to get through that yet. But I've had some ideas in mind what I wanted to do with lights, indicators etc, and this is where I'm at so far. This is a partial mock up, everything now is as you see it except for the bull bar and the license plate. I haven't decided yet if I want to actually do the black bull bar, or just ditch it entirely. I took it off the car today to polish and paint prep it, and I'm kind of liking the look without it too... so I'm a bit torn. I desperately need to get that custom roof rack I showed in a different thread setup, as that plus the spare rim up top and the 52" light bare will REALLY finish the look. Anyway, here's where I'm at;

I also removed the rear carpet, hung it off a gate and pressure washed it for a good half an hour before the water stopped blowing out brown... Man, 26 years of beach trips, dogs, horse feed runs, hay bails and hardware store trips sure does put some mega dirt into that poor carpet! No pics yet but it sure does look nice now back in the car.

I REALLY need to work something out for the rear space too. I've ditched the rear bench seat entirely so I now have the curve down and empty foot wells, and it's a bit annoying. I'd love to just make the entire rear space the same level the whole way, and maybe turn those foot well areas into storage boxes with lift up lids or something. Has anyone here ever done something like that before? I've googled it hard and I can't find ANYONE who's done something like that. Was hoping to get some design ideas from someone who's already done it before.
Old 23-05-2021
AJOR Bronze

Liked 947 Times in 637 Posts

Cool! .. Not being a Racist but are you Black? ... Your XJ it looks black in the pic I like the no rear seat idea for my 96 and keep the rear seat in the pretty 99 HMmmmmm storage would be nice?
Besides the dog keeps breaking the arm rests off 2nd set is broken He will have a restrainer in the 99
I like the nudge bar look .. I couldn't wait to get one for the 99 it sorta looked naked?
Paint .. I have been looking at that bed liner stuff Rhino Liner you could spray the XJ for about $1200 its on eBay Kits or I think you can use a brush and roller My 96's paint is shot and not worth wasting $ on a paint job to go out bush and get scratched
I have also been looking into rear mounted spare tire carriers I will explain more later
Looking Good!
Old 25-05-2021
Established Member

Liked 134 Times in 72 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluBelle View Post
Cool! .. Not being a Racist but are you Black? ... Your XJ it looks black in the pic I like the no rear seat idea for my 96 and keep the rear seat in the pretty 99 HMmmmmm storage would be nice?
Besides the dog keeps breaking the arm rests off 2nd set is broken He will have a restrainer in the 99
I like the nudge bar look .. I couldn't wait to get one for the 99 it sorta looked naked?
Paint .. I have been looking at that bed liner stuff Rhino Liner you could spray the XJ for about $1200 its on eBay Kits or I think you can use a brush and roller My 96's paint is shot and not worth wasting $ on a paint job to go out bush and get scratched
I have also been looking into rear mounted spare tire carriers I will explain more later
Looking Good!
Hahaha, nope not a black fella I just like the blacked out look on some cars and always wanted to try it on the XJ after seeing some really good looking pics of some waaaaay back in the day.

Having no rear bench seat makes SO much more room in these tiny things, like more than you think. It just sucks having the big dip down to the floor, you really need to keep the rear cargo floor level going the whole way forward to the back of your seats for it to be of any use. Otherwise, just fold the seats down and leave it that way. The storage boxes would be SO good to have though, I always have tools and gear, a fire extinguisher, ratchet straps, lamps etc in my heep and they're just rolling around the floor down there...
I'm going to get some hardwood veneer board from bunnings later in the week and trim it down to fit. Then I guess I just need to work out the supports to give it strength, and cut / hinge 'lids' out of it on either side to turn the rear foot wells into storage compartments. I can see it all working in my head, it's just going to be a lot of stuffing around and swearing at things and I gotta build the motivation up first

I saw the Raptor liner kits on ebay for like $250 that I've been told countless times is enough to paint a whole XJ, with only a couple of people suggesting getting a slightly larger kit to add an extra coat or two. I guess it just depends how many coats you really want to go with, because the stuff is TOUGH enough to not need too many anyway? This is the kit I saw;

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/193300412774

My new belt line moldings for the door glass all arrived today from summit racing too. I was real excited, and I was kind of expecting it to be an easy case of pop old ones off, pop new ones in. But I tell you, what a nightmare. It's all a long story but I'm seriously considering doing a dang youtube video on it because you have to be so careful and install them in such a specific way, it drove me nuts today, I was stuffing around on one single window for at least 45 minutes before I was mostly satisfied. So many videos and guides people just say "Do this, this and that, and you're done" like it's the easiest thing in the world... but easy this ain't. The clips are fragile, and you can't install it all as one unit and just pop it in, you need to break it down to its base components and practically BUILD it into the window frame, yikes.

I know some members have ordered kits too so maybe I should do a video or something for all our sanity's sake
Old 25-05-2021
Senior Newbie

Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts

video... yes please
Old 25-05-2021
I just registered

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Pretty sure my AW4 is starting to play up on my 95 Limited. No LockUp/OD. Cleaned the NSS a couple of years ago. Might be cactus or it's something else....Going to start the fun job of troubleshooting lol - this manual link posted elsewhere is going to come in very handy

AW4 TRANS MANUAL
http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billav...AW4_manual.PDF

AW4 TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE
http://members.fortunecity.com/90limited/
Post New Thread  Reply