JK Half doors - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2009

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default JK Half doors

I have looked at half doors for some time

There are links to a US thread where they talk about the genuine half doors at around USD$6,000-$7,000

I have seen some BESTOP tube doors with attachable panels to make a panel half door, at around USD$1,500, but that's without shipping, which is substantial

Today I went to the 4x4 camping fishing outdoor etc show in Melb, spoke to the guys from "jeepkonnection" (no doubt all over the forum?) who fitted out the Coopers Tyres JK with half doors (pictured below). Those half doors are pretty basic, but they are still half doors. I will find out how much they are, but I would think they will be pretty competitive given there is no shipping from US involved...

question is, Does anybody have any other experience, info, recommendations, or even better - photo's.

(Sorry if there is a separate thread for the same thing - went looking for it, but couldn’t find much, and I think a specific thread about JK half doors would be of interest to a few people)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_177.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	35294  
Old 05-09-2009
StaunStar

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 27 Times in 20 Posts

try these, i dont think they sold

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...=jk+half+doors

and

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...=jk+half+doors

long shot though
Old 05-09-2009
AJOR Bronze

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

I've seen that jeep at brisbane's outdoor/camping show earlier this yr. they are basicaly flat panel ouside the BESTTOP tube doors
Old 06-09-2009
RubiconSlammer

Liked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

How about these half doors? From River Raider they make 2 and four door versions.

http://riverraider.biz/index.php?mai...ht72mqg63jmrn3

"River Raider Off Road now offers aluminum half doors for your 2 door JK! The door features weather striping, adjustable steel hinges, factory mirror mounts, and an inside and outside door latch that utilizes the factory door jam striker pin for a factory fit and finish. They are also fully compatible with the factory soft uppers. They will be available in raw aluminum (suitable for paint) or powdercoated."

2 Door Set US$1399 (about Aus$1700)
4 Door Set US$2599 (about Aus$3250)

Still exy but cheaper than the factory ones and still work with the factory uppers.
Old 06-09-2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They look alright JasperJ -the good thing is they are compatible with the MOPAR soft uppers... still shipping to consider, and still fairly expesive though...
I'd like something a bit cheeaper...maybe I'm dreamin...
Old 06-09-2009
RubiconSlammer

Liked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim View Post
They look alright JasperJ -the good thing is they are compatible with the MOPAR soft uppers... still shipping to consider, and still fairly expesive though...
I'd like something a bit cheeaper...maybe I'm dreamin...
LOL, we're all dreamers when it comes to cheep Jeep bits.
Old 06-09-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts

pretty cheap, be good if one of our suppliers would get some in ?

http://www.tellico4x4.com/product_in...ducts_id/28247
Post New Thread  Reply