TJ: Ian's rebuild - Page 44 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 21-07-2009
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian View Post
btw that red tj has left the building!!!!

have a spare bay in my shed

Old 21-07-2009
LokRinger

Liked 1,755 Times in 557 Posts

Thanks for the answers. Looks like you got it all well planned.

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club
Old 21-07-2009
No Winching

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I reckon most people here don't really appreciate the amount of work that goes into making something like Ian's rig.

Sure there are a few similarly modded jeeps around OZ, but 100% of the work on his TJ has been done by Ian and a few mates. All done in an open carport in his backyard.

Kiss ass?, maybe. But I'd just like to say well done mate. It's a fricken wild piece of gear that you're gonna give you a boner every time you wheel it.
Old 21-07-2009
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OIIIO View Post
I reckon most people here don't really appreciate the amount of work that goes into making something like Ian's rig.

Sure there are a few similarly modded jeeps around OZ, but 100% of the work on his TJ has been done by Ian and a few mates. All done in an open carport in his backyard.

Kiss ass?, maybe. But I'd just like to say well done mate. It's a fricken wild piece of gear that you're gonna give you a boner every time you wheel it.
Big call Jeep Grill Dude.....I reckon most people that read this thread regularly appreciate the work even numpty's such as yours truely....maybe the fact that I cant wield a spanner or welder or quite comprehend how he manages to conceive and fab the thing to me makes it even more cool.....the other thing I cant fathom is HTF all this is being done in Ippy - I thought Ippy was where vehicles went to get stripped....
Old 21-07-2009
westside wheeler

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

thanks for the kind words guys... you need to keep me motovated..haha

i have worked this build in my mind over and over... and its changed a bit along the way... but it should be there soon and i an happy so far with how it is coming together..
i will start fabing the rear hoops this weekend and hopfully have the rear coilovers's tacket in place, i wont do the final burns until i put weight on it to see how it all sits.. if it was not so cold up in the carport i would brobley work nights... but ipswich get down around 0 deg this time of year... too fooking cold to be under a jeep!
Old 22-07-2009
AJOR Gold

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey I just like the new Ideas that come up in these build threads, Just when you think you have seen everything there is to do with a TJ someone does a totally custom job that works 100% better then something you can pick up off the shelf. Keep it up Ian I might be stealing a couple of your Ideas to keep my build going.
P - pocket

Why does my jeep want to bankrupt me?
Old 22-07-2009
westside wheeler

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

hay its all cool.. i post the buildup so you can copy bits and pieces in you wish, and get feedback.. thats what it is all about, helping each other... i have 100's of photo's off different parts of my build so if any of you are going down the same track pm me and i will e mail them to you.. if you have questions or ideas how i could do it different please jump in as its a work in progress... will update some more stuff soon...

btw... i am most excited by the King coilovers can't wait to get them fitted!!!! they are such a solid unit, the pictures dont do them justice..
cheers
Post New Thread  Closed Thread