Help! I need the front caliper bolt size! - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2008
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Help! I need the front caliper bolt size!

Hey guys well one of the bolts which holds the caliper on has stripped the kunckle out on the D30 and fallen out. (explains the mild brake shudder) so i need the bolt size if any one has it please let me know! I need the thread pitch, length and how much smooth shank and threaded shank is on the bolt.

Cheers!
Old 09-07-2008
No Winching

Liked 121 Times in 64 Posts

measure the one on other side
Old 09-07-2008
Rock Munki

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Problem is, the car is at work and i need to pick a bolt up from coventry and take it to the car in the morning.
Old 09-07-2008
No Winching

Liked 121 Times in 64 Posts

try downloading fsm at greatlakesxj.com i know the bolt on my 99 is a standard m8 cant tell u length i know cause i accidently broke it once luckily i had a m8 bolt a little longer in my tool box just packed it with washers till i could get correct length one
Old 10-07-2008
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi mate, its definately 8mm thread. 12mm head, grade 10.9.

Thread ~ 27mm.
Shank ~ 38mm.
Total length = 72mm.

These are for my 98 but the same part no. is in the 96 catalogue. If you've threaded the knuckle won't you need a bigger one to retap? In which case it won't fit through the sleeve in the caliper. Good luck!

Old 10-07-2008
Rock Munki

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Picked up some HT bolts today, They only have 8x100mm in stock, so i brabbed them. for a temp fit i got the 100mm long ones and put it in with a nut on the backside of the knuckle. its holding fine. i will helicoil it tomorrow when fitting the new front brakes.

cheers for your help.