Overview & opinion on New JKU CRD Auto - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-08-2015
Established Member

Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Left foot braking can be quite dangerous if the brakes start to let go due to overheating. I reckon they would be cactus by the time u get a 2 ton ute down a long steep hill. Also the Navara has rear drum brakes. The ABS switches off when Navara is in low range. Using the brakes with your foot brakes all 4 wheels which can cause wheels to lock up making the situation worse. HDC can break wheels individually making it safer & more control. Yes I agree V6 engine would be great in a Patrol. With some head scratching, i believe the JKU can be modified to cover weekend 4x4 trips & ling distance outback touring. I hope so anyway.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app
Old 23-08-2015
CrawlerStar

Liked 37 Times in 28 Posts

There you go Rick, now you get it.
When we were thinking of the Wrangler I spent hours looking at all the reviews I could find. Nearly all canned the car for it's on road performance, just one reviewer "got it". He left for the office in a snow storm and was the only person to get to work on time, otherwise he was going to can it too.
Some will bag that Mopar lift as it really isn't a lift at all, just harder springs, we have it on our CRD with bars, rails and roof rack and it is fine for most situations.
Ours has been fault free so far apart from ball joints and a uni replaced under warranty. We complained of a slight knock in the front end and they replaced stuff without ever fixing the knock and it's still there. It is very slight and only noticeable at car park speed.
" You bought a Jeep" is going to make you look at people differently as you are going to hear it far too much.
Old 23-08-2015
Established Member

Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

When we go on trips there is usaully a wide range of different vehicles there. Some IFS, diesel, petrol, old & new. I have never met anyone who has told me they have the perfect truck for all situations. Some belive they do then they find out the hard way that it's not the case. I believe you have to be very clear about what it is u want to do with the vehicle. If you push it beyond it's overall design boundries, something is gonna break. I have no kids so space is not really a major issue for me. One thing I do swear buy a rule is too try to keep the cargo weight down as much as poosible. I cringe when i see how much weight some people carry in their 4x4. Off roading & touring with huge cargo weights is asking for trouble. I realise some people travel with families & kids & have to carry more stuff, but that just means u have to allow more time & less speed to go easy on the vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app
Post New Thread  Reply