JK CRD fan clutch - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Lifted from another post:

Hayden Automotive in the US make a severe duty fan clutch unit that will fit the JK CRD VM engine, it's part number 2905. The KJ CRD guys over there have been swapping to the Hayden units when their fan clutches fail. THey won't have a JK CRD in their catalog as they don't sell them over there but the KJ VM engine has the same fan clutch mount, and it also fits the Commander and Grand Cherokee.

http://www.haydenauto.com/New%20Prod...s/Content.aspx

General Hayden Fan Clutch informaiton:

http://www.haydenauto.com/Featured%2...s/Content.aspx
Old 07-03-2012
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default jk crd fan

Hi green jk

Did you go genuine or is it a non genuine part
I have a 2010 unlimited crd, fan was buggered at 30k while we were traveling through N.T. Jeep in Darwin were to busy to look at it. We were on our way to Cairns and had it replaced there, by now it had 40k and was replaced under waranty. There was a 3 weeks + wait for new item from O/S. They removed one from a new car on the lot which was great. It has now completed 55k and is buggered again. It is back at jeep at the moment
Old 07-03-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 38 Times in 30 Posts

can you get service kits for them. or are they a throw away part...
Old 09-03-2012
No Winching

Liked 126 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adz1604 View Post
Hi green jk

Did you go genuine or is it a non genuine part
I have a 2010 unlimited crd, fan was buggered at 30k while we were traveling through N.T. Jeep in Darwin were to busy to look at it. We were on our way to Cairns and had it replaced there, by now it had 40k and was replaced under waranty. There was a 3 weeks + wait for new item from O/S. They removed one from a new car on the lot which was great. It has now completed 55k and is buggered again. It is back at jeep at the moment
I managed to get a low use second hand unit from jeeeparts in qld ( there wrecking a crd atm if anyones interested ) great service btw. Also decided to pull the radiator and clan as I could se a lot of rubish between the radiator and condensor/trans cooler, turns out the bottom section of the rad was blocked with mud so out with the karcher and all good know, still not back together as had to take front bar off and I'm cleaning up some wirring as it goes back together.
Old 09-03-2012
No Winching

Quote:
Originally Posted by kx steve View Post
can you get service kits for them. or are they a throw away part...
They seem to be a sealed unit
Old 09-03-2012
No Winching

Old 09-03-2012
No Winching

In this pic you can see the bottom section is the auto trans cooler and the top is the aircon condensor

You can see how dirty the core was, the bottom was completely full of mud

I didn't want to split the aircon and have the added expense of getting it re gassed so removed front bar & grill to gain access to the bolts that hold the intercooler and condensor/trans cooler to the radiator

This is the condensor still connected and in place I removed the radiator from behind it and intercooler from in front I was then able to clean all three cores

This is the fan side of the radiator

Floor was clean before I started this is what was trapped between the radiator and the condensor/trans cooler