I bought a Jeep! (sorry.. had to) - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-07-2016
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 26 Times in 20 Posts
Default I bought a Jeep! (sorry.. had to)

I just picked up my new (to me) 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 (petrol) and you can't wipe the smile off of my face!

Wanted to pop in and say hi, and also create a little spot for me to post about any queries, modifications, issues, etc.

So far.. it's stock as a rock with the exception of tint, towbar and roof racks that I had the dealer fit for me. Ordered an awning too from 4WD Supa Centre..

So far, only know that I'll adding A/Ts and front recovery points in the near future so that I can start getting this thing dirty. Would love to hear recommendations for "must have" modifications, tips, tricks, suggestions, etc.

-Dave
Old 29-07-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 440 Times in 265 Posts

Congrats mate, they are a great vehicle. Far as must haves, I reckon you have it covered with some better boots and front recovery points. These were the first things I added too...after that it's nice to haves like UHF, lightbar/spotties, underside protection plates if you want to play hard and a bullbar if you can bear to spoil that pretty snout.
Old 29-07-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 61 Times in 32 Posts
Default I bought a Jeep! (sorry.. had to)

Congrats on the new beast. Great truck!

As for the next step I would say a lift and underbody bash plates.

GC is low low low out of the box so needs them.

Even with a lift my plates earn their keep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Hounds; 29-07-2016 at 09:37 PM.
Old 31-07-2016
Senior Newbie

Plates, lift and boots are all definitely on the shopping list... Just need to sus out how to pay for it all haha. Loved my GF's comment this morning though when I was talking about it all: "Well, you should probably try to get it all pretty soon.. You're on good money now, but who knows what the future will bring? Get it all while you can afford it"

That's love right there fellas. Haha

Did a little bit of online shopping last night... snatch strap & shackle, awning (plus a side wall for it), new swag and compressor all on their way!

What are people's recommendations with regard to recovery points these days? I was having a look at the mounting points this morning and, given I don't plan on anything too hardcore, no interest (for now haha) in playing in deep mud or anything, I think I'm happy enough to just go with one on the passenger side. That block for the screw-in tow point looks like it's going to make installing anything on the driver's side an absolute nightmare.
Old 31-07-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 440 Times in 265 Posts

That block is removable, and that standard screw in eye is not even close to suitable for snatching or even moderate recovery. I went with Uneek4x4's recovery points, straightforward bolt in job too.
Old 31-07-2016
Established Member

Liked 54 Times in 39 Posts

Have a look at the chief recovery hooks and the lower front gaurd.
Trevor
Old 31-07-2016
Senior Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutman View Post
That block is removable, and that standard screw in eye is not even close to suitable for snatching or even moderate recovery. I went with Uneek4x4's recovery points, straightforward bolt in job too.
Oh it is? Cool.. I didnt have a good look but couldn't see how it came off. Good to know it does.

100% agree that screw in eye is definitely not for recovery. Recipe for disaster right there!

The Uneek ones were the most cost efficient option I had seen so far, so good to know you've got those and are happy with them.

Will try and get a couple of photos of the old girl this afternoon when I head out next.
Post New Thread  Reply