Great Cycle Challenge - raising money to fight kids cancer - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-09-2014
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 115 Times in 82 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Great Cycle Challenge - raising money to fight kids cancer

Hi all, i have registered to do the Great Cycle Challenge which raises funds to support work to develop treatments and find a cure for childhood cancer.

in order to raise money i need to ride, so my challenge will be to ride 800km in October. for some perspective it basically Adelaide to Melbourne and approx 25-30 hours in the saddle.

You can sponsor me via the link. also happy to negotiate cycle based challenges (with photos) for a donation

https://greatcyclechallenge.com.au/Riders/AnDrew
Old 01-10-2014
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

so the great Cycle Challenge started today. This means the JKU is parked up (or worse the wife drives it) and the push bike is the mode of transport. But is all in the name of a good cause - namely raising money to help fight kids cancer

some mates an i have formed a team called the Falling Andys. its apply named as 1) we are all called Andrew (or Andy) and 2) we have all come a cropper due to car doors and general uncoordinatedness (i think thats a real word)

anyway the following link will take you to our Falling Andy's team page
https://greatcyclechallenge.com.au/T...heFallingAndys

also again happy to negotiate cycle based challenges (ie dress-ups, distance etc) in exchange for donations. And yes will post photos as proof

PM me if you have any questions
Old 02-10-2014
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

Day 2 and we are making progress. We have now raised $410 towards our target. this inspired us to get out there this morning and clock up 120km before work (and yes we still have to ride home). but its donations that keep us going. looking to do 60km tomorrow. would be great to raise $1 for every km i do. so click the link and lets do it together
Old 05-10-2014
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

Day 5 of the Great Cycle Challenge and the Falling Andys Team has 598km towards our target (2,500km) of which I have contributed 219km. We have also raised $580 towards our target. A huge thanks to those who have sponsored me so far and remember, im happy to take on cycle related challenges for donations .

The link below is a short youtube clip from Fridays ride when Skippy decided to jump out and scare me http://youtu.be/z-2NtRyMNbA

On a serious note 3 children die of cancer every week. So please sponsor me to help raise funds for this great cause and to help fight kids' cancer!
Old 05-10-2014
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

Huge thanks to V82xist for the sponsorship and yep all for a great cause!!
Old 05-10-2014
AJOR Gold

Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts

Donation done, great work for the cause, ride well, and watch out for the skippy's

Last edited by barnyard; 05-10-2014 at 08:01 PM. Reason: To give credit!
Old 05-10-2014
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnyard View Post
Donation done, great work for the cause, ride well, and watch out for the skippy's
Thanks for the donation greatly appreciated. Yes skippy will keep an eye out for more skippies

sent from little phone by a clown with phat fingers & a jeep
Post New Thread  Reply