i need your support to take down a dodgy builder - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-08-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 169 Times in 134 Posts
Default i need your support to take down a dodgy builder

Hi guys,

Im currently going through a legal battle with a builder who has taken my money and built a defective house with it.
We purchased the land in 2012 and started the build in 2013. Since then its been a nightmare, the house is still not complete and still in contract. We have have inspectors go through the property to find the foundation's are 100% defective and all the paper work is up the creek with it as the builder supplied a fake soil test as we had our own.
The builder is a franchise builder with one of the largest builders in australia. We are currently going through vcat to try and stop this guy and reclaim our future. We are trying to raise the funds for our legal team to proceed any further. We have until the 31st to get $12000 to continue. We are reaching out for any support at all. Here is a link to our campaign with a little more info.
Thanks
https://www.gofundme.com/2jkqcnjv
Old 19-08-2016
Jedi Master

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 919 Times in 625 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Holy crap!! The small shits things that happen to me are nothing compared to this.

Battery World overcharging for a battery, difficulty to get warranty honoured by ARB, REPCO and a brush with a well known arsehole fabricator/mechanic/thief

You have my support dude and good luck.!!
Old 19-08-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 373 Times in 211 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Channel Nines A Current Affair would probably be interested in this.
Old 19-08-2016
Full Flexer

I've been in touch with them but they just want to throw it on tv and then i can be stuck with a deformation case that take a long time through court to prove im right. I've been in contact with a student journalist who i want her to do the story so it can help with her career. Shes been intouch with a respected investigational journalists who i hope will be able to shed some light on my suspicions that the builder using my funds to fund his own build.

Sent from my SM-J100Y using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app
Old 20-08-2016
Trail Twister

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 840 Times in 479 Posts

There can be no deformation if all your facts are correct. Even a small win for you can be a big fail for them. Once the ball is rolling, watch all their engineers and supervisors disappear. Start small and finnish big.
Old 20-08-2016
Full Flexer

Thats right. Well at the moment the authority are investigating the builder and building surveyor, afterwards id say the engineer. The soil test guy wont get looked at because in the report he supplied it said "if more than 200mm of excavation a second soil test will be needed" where the cut was 1200mm without another soil test. These people are not smart at all with there paper trail as i done all communication through email incase this happened so i have them admitting to giving us quotes with out suppliers, they were carrying out unauthorized variations and the contract is up the sh#t with the soil test for the engineering being done on the same day as the plans were finished and energy rating was done, 3 months after they quoted us the build and i supplied our soil test 1 month prior. And as for the engineer the original drawings missed 6 structural beams dated 6/13 and add them into the revision when the house was restumped in 8/15.

Sent from my SM-J100Y using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app
Old 23-08-2016
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 26 Times in 16 Posts

Have you spoken with the franchise company? They may assist you to avoid their name being tarnished by this dodgy builder.
Post New Thread  Reply