Need a hand... confused - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > TJ Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-08-2010
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

okaii no let me let you in on some info haha

NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO YOU WILL NEED TO BUMPTOP!

bumpstops are a cylinder looking rubber peice that sits at the bottem of your spring perch at the front and at the top of your spring perch in the rear i think(someone confirm the rear)

you need to bumpstop because with 33's and a 2" lift your will will go into your guard when going up hills ect, remeber me telling you that you have to limit you up travel to stop ythe big wheels hitting your new flares? you do this with bumpstops

you can cut up a mallet and glue it to the bottem if you want at the front heaps of threads on bumpstopping here mate

you proberly dont have discos, these are your sway bar connecters, when you disconect this allows your front wheels to FLEX so its good when you offroad to "disco" look into buying some of these, JKS quick discos is a good brand to get

IMHO dont get a 2" body lift cause they a ugggglyyyy, just get a jks 1.25" body lift and a motor mount lift from wooders.com this will set you around 200bucks but you wint need transfer case spacers, and you will have more ground clearance because the transfer case hasent been dropped

2"springs with a 1.25 body lift is cool with 33's and if you still wnt some more clearance i recon get some coil spacers insted of more body lift so you lift the actual jeep and not just the body

thats my 2cents, everyone likes to run their jeep different, research is your friend, and ask a lot of questions
Old 20-08-2010
Banned

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

when it comes to bump stop, most cut a rubber mallet into discs and glue them inside the springs, like this http://jeep-xj.info/HowtoBumpstops.htm

put your 33's on, measure the distance between the top of your tyre and your flare. Then add bump stop so the up travel is 1 inch less than that.

If you're going only 2.5inch lift, im not sure you even need a new double carden drive shaft, adjustable panhards/drop brackets, slip yoke eliminator or transfer case drop brackets. If you're going to buy all that stuff you might as well go 4.5inch lift, the point of a 2.5inch lift is that its cheap. ...but dont take my word for it.
Old 20-08-2010
Established Member

very good info all. ill try my luck :
Old 20-08-2010
Banned

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

try searching mate, everything you have asked has been covered so many times in build up threads and in this tj section, take a few hours out of your week and read through some of the tj build ups so you get an indepth view on what people have done and why.
Old 20-08-2010
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

just chuck your 33's on

some componets are gonna be under stress so dont be suprised if something breaks when your offroad tho

referring to what skotup said, i just bought a 2.5" lift and it came with rear relocation bracket and transfer case drop so i would thing this stuff is needed

he says his getting driveline vibes at a certain speed which usually means that it needs to be leveled out with transfer case drop or 1.25" body lift and motor mount lift

but im 99% sure you will need the stuff that iv said

check out http://www.fatbobsgarage.com/

they have all the crap you need, and they also have those jks quick disconnects i was talking about for a lot cheaper then other places, i think their asking like 150 where others are like 250 haha

you will have a lot more fun with the sway bar disconnected
Old 20-08-2010
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 42 Times in 31 Posts

Reseach is all well & good. But if you don't know the basic componants ie tranfer box/case & what they do(with out this you don't have a 4wd). You don't need to know how the internals work just what they do & where they are would help you to no end.
Old 20-08-2010
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

here are some pics that i used to refer to when i was trying to learning what everything did and what is was, should help a lot