Chrysler- Fiat,Waiting .waiting waiting for parts - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-10-2013
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 841 Times in 470 Posts
Default Chrysler- Fiat,Waiting .waiting waiting for parts

This thread is directed at all JEEP OWNERS who have had to wait,wait,wait, for crucial or common parts,!!!(survey will go back 4 years to present ) when ordered through Chrysler -Fiat Aus
I want vehicle type ,wether under warranty at time or not,type of part ,how long was the wait,was the vehicle off the road,comment on C-F and or dealer support ,communication or lack of.Also would you buy a new Jeep based on your experience.I dont want minor dealer problems.All emails sent to me must be able to be verified as genuine complaints if so asked.
If I get enough info I will collate and forward to revelant authouritories plus C_F Australia and USA.I have been directly involved in the auto industry for over 30 years,there is strength in numbers.The situation re parts supply is bloody ridiculous.The new Australian consumer laws now give consumers much more teeth , no longer can companies dismiss consequential damages, certain warranty obligations etc all Jeep owners should read these new laws!!!
I would also like to see a permanant thread at the top of each Jeep model forum dealing with the above problems.This would give all and sundry some idea how big the problem is.Can it be done?
I do not want knockers, or whingers emailing me that it wont change anything.Constructive comments welcome.I have owned 3 Jeeps over the last 15 years and this problem is not improving.!!.My email address is lizandbazmeredith@bigpond.com
Old 26-10-2013
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sent my 2012 crd for 60000 service with no problems
Rang to say problem with intake manifold $3000 part this took 5 working days
To then order the part which was done the next day. Told will be 3 weeks wait
And I got a hire car. After 3 q
1/2 weeks I ring to find it will be another 2 1/2 weeks . Rand jeep oz direct and they reduced this by a week . Just rang to find out if delivered at dealer and said no. Rang jeep oz to find out. 30mins later dealer rang to say it had been delivered and was still in the I day . Now the dealer is only working on it after the Morning services they need to do so it will take 5-6 working days yo complete. The service manager told me 3 days when the part was in. You would think that at $75 day allowance for car hire that quicker delivery of parts would be a option. It should be delivered to dealer direct from America not through head office as this would take days off time as they say it's a jeep thing
Old 27-10-2013
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

My 2010 WH is still at the dealers in Coffs Harbour,broke L/H front CV at Camp Coffs,was told on the 23 Oct that they hope to have new one by about the 6th Nov.told some crap about a back log of parts out of the states,at least Jeep Assist have given me a hire car.Will not be getting parts from Jeep after warranty runs out.
Old 27-10-2013
Established Member

Liked 28 Times in 24 Posts

I had to wait 4 weeks for a new RHF wheel bearing.
However, I only had to wait 1 week for a new RHS front guard after it got touched up by an OAP.
CSA Raptors
Old 27-10-2013

Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

3 Weeks in Broome awaiting a water pump for CRD engine in June
Tried having headlamps replaced while in Canberra in February, 4 weeks waiting
Now in Melbourne waiting, headlamps are still O/S

Last edited by Ryan.b; 27-10-2013 at 07:33 PM. Reason: more information
Old 28-10-2013
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 841 Times in 470 Posts

PARTS SUPPLY UPDATE Getting feedback yia our email as well as your threads.Many seem to have waited weeks for what should be a stocked basic part. a lot of vehicles under warranty still.CF parts wharehouse must be a bloody empty white elephant.Anybody know anybody who works there?I havnt been offered a rental yet but I am starting to get up steam for a call today re a rental.Whats happening is bullshit x 100 .I know a Jeep Dealer service advisor who said he wouldnt have taken the job if he had known how bad the parts supply problem was /is.
I still have a auto trans problem to sort out, roll on Xmas without a vehicle!!!.Keep your info comming in BJM
Old 28-10-2013
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hi,

Don't get me wrong, I am not writing this email in support of the Jeep parts time line - I get mine direct from the US as I'm not going to pay stupid prices, but you seem to be just looking for negatives.

You say you have had a 3 Jeeps, yet have only made a total of 11 posts on this forum as at 28/10/13, including two in this thread complaining about parts supply, with your post written in a fairly aggressive way.

What positive things do you have to say about your Jeep experiences? You must have them or you wouldn't have bought your 2nd and 3rd. Most people on here love their Jeeps, and know there are issues but love them just the same and don't really liked them being bagged.
Post New Thread  Reply