What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 1580 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-10-2019

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts

I found a B&M Precision SportShifter for sale for a very good price on eBay.
Install time was about 3 hrs, not particularly difficult when you already have all the right tools.

So far so good, no complaints with the stiffer gear change and time will tell if it fixes the issue with 1st gear dropping out.

Some imperfections when looking into the transmission:

B&M vs OEM:

B&M Shifter in place:
Old 14-10-2019
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by acs85 View Post
I found a B&M Precision SportShifter for sale for a very good price on eBay.
Install time was about 3 hrs, not particularly difficult when you already have all the right tools.
I fitted similar in both my XR6 Turbo and XR8 Falcons, they make a hell of a difference to the shift feel.

The old 3.8 will be thanking you for downsizing those tyres. 285's just make the gears a little tall.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Old 21-10-2019
AJOR Bronze

I changed the spark plugs over the weekend. It took about an hour but they don't make it easy.

It's easy enough to get a socket in there but pulling them out and putting in the new ones by hand isn't much fun. My hands look like I've been attacked by a Possum, they are so scratched up.

It's made a big difference though, the JK feels a lot more lively. Now I might replace the leads.

Tip, don't order from Repco online. That was a horrible experience.

Old 21-10-2019
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

I think I got at the rear plug on the right side by removing the right inner fender...

I replaced the leads the last time & it ran like a dog for a couple of days. Even though I triple checked, I still swapped the middle & rear leads on the right side around. Much smoother once I had the 3.8 running on 6 cylinders instead of 4!
Old 21-10-2019
AJOR Bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
I think I got at the rear plug on the right side by removing the right inner fender...

I replaced the leads the last time & it ran like a dog for a couple of days. Even though I triple checked, I still swapped the middle & rear leads on the right side around. Much smoother once I had the 3.8 running on 6 cylinders instead of 4!
Funny thing though, I found the hardest one to do was the rear plug on the left side due to the electrical plugs in that area. It also doesn't help that I have a heap of accessories going to the positive terminal of the battery.

When I started the motor it took a couple of seconds to kick over then it idled rough for a second or two and I was thinking "Oh no, here we go" but then it went smooth and feels heaps livelier than it has for ages.

Old 01-11-2019
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 111 Times in 81 Posts

I removed the Bushwacker rear corner guards that made all the soft tops difficult to tuck under the tub lip, removed the tail light protectors that do nothing and fit my Suntop Cargo Top.

It's pretty watertight but water dammed up on the roof on the second day so I used some square tubing and a ute tonneau spreader bar covered with pipe insulation to create the little "dome" for the roof. It eliminated the little bit of flapping that the top had at highway speeds too.
Old 04-11-2019
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JL
Liked 49 Times in 38 Posts

I tripped over a big lump of gold in the bush so decided to spend a bit on my jk. I
originally bought it as a temporary car with the intention of buying a JL
when they finally got released however it turns out that I have gotten a
bit attached to my JK.

In the last month I have had the diffs done with 4.11 gears and a pair of elockers
Bilstein remote res shocks at each corner
Front antirock
Alloy fenders
Rear bar and tyre carrier
Adjustable front panhard
Control arm correction brackets
New ball joints
New rear brakes
I kept the 100000km old king springs as I am moving to QLD next month and
am a bit worried about being able to register my car there.
Post New Thread  Reply