Our new to us camping trailer. - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > ASSOCIATED INTERESTS > Camper Trailers and Caravans
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-04-2015
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 97 Times in 31 Posts
Default Our new to us camping trailer.

We we have done it, finally found a camper we wanted , we have purchased and picked up a 2006 Ultimate Oydessey after putting a wanted ad on Myswag.org 3 weeks ago.

We were contacted by a seller in Mackay who had seen our wanted ad and was willing to drive down with his camper and meet us half way at Buderburg and let us view it, we agreed a price in case we wanted it and we were off this weekend to see it, we meet Russel at Childers in the end and viewed the Ultimate and within 30 mins it was SOLD , Russel really looked after the Ultimate and had done a lot of great mods which we liked, he gave us a good run through the setting up and pulling down of the Ultimate and run through his mods and how they worked. Once sold we hooked up and towed it to Elanda Point camping ground at Noosa for our first setup and overnight stay.

This was the info from the ad on Caravansales.com.au

Excellent condition
Go anywhere luxury camping
Deluxe lounge
King size bed
2 Bed reading lamps
Galley light
EMP bed underlay
Curtains to separate bedroom from galley
19" Kogan 12v TV mounts above bench
Sony radio/CD
Engel SR90F 12/240 volt fridge
2 Burner gas stove
S/Steel sink with pressure water tap
Water tank level gauge
7 Draws + under lounge storage
2 Sets fitted sheets
1 Set mattress protectors
Inside/outside access toilet locker
Door insect screen
Inside / outside table
4 Outlet power board
4 Inside 12 volt sockets
2 Outside 12 volt sockets
1 Window clear
Independent trailing arm suspension
Koni shocks
Lovel coil springs
Electric drum brakes
Treg off road hitch
Fold up jockey wheel
12 Pin trailer + Anderson plug
RanOx 12v to 12vdc battery booster
Ctek 25 amp smart charger
2 X 90amp hour batteries
Clipper BM-1 battery monitor
Anderson solar connection plug
Bridgestone dueler A/T 255/70R15 tyres on SR5 Hilux alloy rims
Pressure pump
Water filter
Lockable water filler
Lockable outside tap on tank
Town water connection point with filter and pressure reducer
Full length front mini awning
Small awning for over the door
Full size rear awning no sides
4 wind down / up stabilizer legs for easy setup
2 X 100mm lockable pole / rod holders
Small step ladder wall mounted in the boot
Rear dust deflectors
9kg gas bottle
Boot light
Custom cover from Stormcover

And this is our new Ultimate

Happy isn't the word to describe how we feel about the Ultimate, its fantastic, every thing we have wanted from a camper is in this, we looked at lots with the Patriot and Mission trailers at the top of our list but we decided we didn't just want a roof top tent and Superpeg awning, we looked at hardfloor and softfloor campers, but in the end the Ultimate had won us over with the easy setup and put down time that it takes, plus the internal lounge and king size bed.

The Jeep is towing it very well so far but was changing gears a lot of some hill climbs with O/D off, also on 3.72 gears.

Cheers Stephen

Red JKU, AEV Front & Rear Bar, AEV 2.5 XT Lift.
TJM Winch, Sharpwrax Super Spoiler.

Last edited by Hotdognz; 20-04-2015 at 05:03 PM.
Old 20-04-2015
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Nice camper mate , how heavy is it and what is the tub made of?
Old 20-04-2015
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 107 Times in 78 Posts

Looks great, I'm jealous.
Looks great behind the JK as well. I'm willing to bet it'll follow the JK pretty much anywhere you care to put it.

I love the Ultimates and was seriously looking at getting one, but then along came the little one. It's not an ideal camper for a baby so will have to wait and get one in a few years when she's a bit older. We're now getting a Cub instead which we should pick up in a few weeks hopefully.
Old 20-04-2015
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausjeeper View Post
Nice camper mate , how heavy is it and what is the tub made of?
It ways 750kg with a 45kg ball weight, its made of carbon fibre composition sandwich and fibreglass.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Old 20-04-2015
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Wow. Very jealous. Thats the sort of thing I wanted and ogled them at the camping shows a few times. Just couldnt justify the price for the amount it would get used

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 20-04-2015
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaComms View Post
Wow. Very jealous. Thats the sort of thing I wanted and ogled them at the camping shows a few times. Just couldnt justify the price for the amount it would get used
Hi Dave

Took us a while to get to the decision to spend the sort of money that we did, but in the end it was talking with the manufactures like Ultimate, Kimberley, CUB and Jayco that persuaded us to spend more as we would only lose around about $1000 a year or less to a certain price point and then they would hold value, where as a lot of the Chinese made campers bomb about $4k a year and then you cant get rid of them. It proved right the guy who we purchased it from lost $750 a year from new to his point of sale last weekend, not bad going really and cheap camping for the trips he did.

It tows lovely on the Jeep, I thought I may need airbags but it looks like I dont, I really want to take it off road now but the wife wants to get it kitted out first and as I have no experience with trailers Im still very green with reversing , it was a not that much fun trying to park it where it is on my front yard, but we got there in the end.

Last edited by Hotdognz; 20-04-2015 at 08:25 PM.
Old 21-04-2015
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

With 45kg ball weight you def wont need airbags though I am surprised its that light. Would have thought it should be up around 70+ to tow properly. My Jayco is around 150 and I definately needed airbags!

I just bought a ned mattress topper - 7cm memory foam to try and make it a little more comfy as thats the only issue I have. The quicker setup would have been nice though!

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Post New Thread  Reply