Blown up my CRD - Page 14 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2009
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 43 Times in 35 Posts

jenkomagic,

Mate I would think that it would be a good thing if they are reading these posts. This is a public forum so you wouldn't able to stop them. With the support you are getting and the number of views I would think this is good publicity for you and I would be looking at it from that perspective.

I'm sure that if the CEO of Jeep in America viewed these posts he/she wouldn't be too happy with the bad publicity...I meant loosing a couple of sales in the current climate would not be good...look at the $$ lost for 10 sales $59,000 x 10 = a lot of dollars in any climate!!!

If I was the CEO of any company I would not be happy..there's also lost service revenue etc

If you have a strategy you certainly don't have to say anything at may give the game away and I wouldn't.
Old 09-01-2009
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I changed my mind Pure Caboose. Invite him to join
Old 09-01-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoea26 View Post
jenkomagic,

Mate I would think that it would be a good thing if they are reading these posts. ...and the number of views I would think this is good publicity for you

..I meant loosing a couple of sales.....look at the $$ lost for 10 sales $59,000 x 10 = a lot of dollars in any climate!!!
This is dead right. Some 3500 views divided by the repeat visits plus the cut and email copies plus the office/pub discussions repeating the shabby treatment.

I think that lost 10 sales figure is way short of the mark and that it is only going to get worse.

Jenkomagic this forum is the best thing that can happen for you. Car companies are not afraid of legal threats as they know you can't afford to fight a car company in the legal system and neither are they worried by Consumer Affairs intervention.They are not worried by the TV current affairs shows as they know the viewing public only has a single day memory but this forum. Well, that is another matter, it is live, it is active, it is current and it is enduring - quite another kettle of fish.
Old 09-01-2009
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSE3.9 View Post
I'm sure they are Jenkomagic and why wouldn't they. But they're not learning. Also in todays Melbourne Herald Sun Cars Guide they quote Chrysler sales as being down 19% over the past year and that if they shut down in Oz only the enthusiasts would notice.

Well I would suggest that it is Chryslers attitude to its customers followed by their parts pricing structure which is what is losing them sales and support - not the cars per se.

And it is enthusiasts [now ex enthusiasts] which are taking their cheque books elsewhere. Seems like history is repeating itself with similar circumstances to when Jeep bailed out of Oz last time.

I've seen many car dealers treat their customers and their cars far better even when the car with a problem is a used car than Chrysler treats its new car customers.

Perhaps it will be au revoir Jeep in Oz soon, never to return. I wonder would they acknowledge it was an administration fault and not the product?
I know what your saying, I cant belived it either. I have just changed jobs recently but previously after I got out of the SASR in 1998 I was a Mining Industry Manager for the largest pump company in the world based in Perth and had warranty issues with BHP, Anglo, Extrata, RioTinto etc all the time when a pump failed.

The level of engineering detail we would have to provide to prove a pump failed due to their misuse was what I expected normal.

Legally due to the freedom of information act we could not withhold any engineering reports from customers if they were requested. I had been doing that role for nearly 10 years and have had to resolve issues in excess of $1M projects.

The bottom line was though, our CEO always said if the customer would not accept our findings we would always provide warranty at our cost to save that customer.

Chrysler can't even commit to anything in writing when requested from myself
haven't they heard of the business quote "it costs 7 x more to get a new customer than keep an old one."

If I took the fact that a TSB on main engine bearings was released by Chrysler overseas and Senor Chrysler Aust management have told me they have not heard about it and therefore not one CRD Jeep or 300c owner has every been contacted, if I took that to ACA or the today tonight reporter (Bryan Seymour) who ran the Jeep fires case it would be a public relations disaster for Chrysler.

This is the most economical engine they make remember in 300C and GC's

The fact is now I cant even have anyone else repair my engine apart from Mercedes because they would not know if any computer system on my vehicle had failed and Chrysler wont release those findings officially.
Sure I could rebuilt my engine but if there is a computer fault as they say, that could mean an other engine with melted pistons. You guys saw their quote, they basically quoted me ever thing in the engine bay nothing specific to failour.

As the power train module failed, this could led to the incorrect signals to the injectors and possibly keep them open which at common rail pressure would cause a catastrophic engine failure.
Or,was it this or a bearing failure? (if it was a collapse) which could cause the piston to move ether ahead or behind its normal stroke path also causing incorrect injection timing? Only Chrysler knows.

But the fact is, I have service receipts in my hands complaining of ticking, knocking engine noises whilst my vehicle was well under warranty.

Maybe, I should contact the CEO of Jeep America as discussed, I served with US special forces in Iraq and Somalia. The media would eat it up! Now I'm going to have a beer before I get more worked up!
Old 09-01-2009
Caped crusader

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Pugsly,

The reason I suggested the ACCC was in relation to the Trade Practices Act bearing in mind the fact that the engine/vehicle was just out of warranty.
Sorry, missed that post.

Quote:
Once it's out of warranty it's out of warranty and without litigating the matter for resolution a consumer is in the hands of the goodwill of the manufacturer.
I'd suggest litigation as a last resort. There are a number of other avenues to be persued, of which Jenko is obviously following.

Quote:
...goods that are of merchantable quality if they are as fit for the purpose or purposes for which the goods of that kind are commonly bought. I suggest that a blown engine couldn't be held to be of merchantable quality??
And that's exactly the point. It is reasonable to expect that a vehicle of such an age and milage that has been serviced regularly etc etc should not have an engine simply blow up. The good was arguably not of merchantable quality etc...

Quote:
I'm not sure if the ACCC could wield any power and force the manufacturer repair the engine BUT they may have some influence in relation to this ridiculous repair bill
In any case, Jenko's posts show that he's had experience dealing with large companies and warranty claims (from the other side of the fence) and is undoubtedly better versed in the details. Undoubtedly he has sought legal counsel also. To that end - g'luck Jenko. I certainly hope Jeep come to the party.
Old 09-01-2009
AJOR Silver

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts

Enjoy the beer - good luck with your endeavours - I think you have a large contingent following your issue
Old 09-01-2009
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duk View Post
Enjoy the beer - good luck with your endeavours - I think you have a large contingent following your issue
Well, you know I may have sprouted off a bit earlier on but guys, this could effect all of us. At some stage (if we don't constantly upgrade our vehicles) our 3 years 100K will expire
Post New Thread  Closed Thread