What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 502 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2012
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimitch44 View Post
um they are from ebay, i looked at a bunch and these seemed to be the best from reviews but who knows? I contacted the seller and he has been awesome about it, asked about the HID i was currently using and by the sounds of it they are the wrong globes for them as they don't seat properly and are only supported by the rubber. I have brought his HID setup and will try that, he offered a full refund if I'm not happy
Ah! That could well be the problem. My H7 HID in the bike was not in the correct position & made the spread wrong. I compared it to the original H7 globe & found the arc centre was several mm further from the base plate than the filament on the normal globe, so I made a suitable spacer to position it correctly & now it is perfect.
Old 07-06-2012
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 86 Times in 40 Posts

had a new clutch fitted. clutch was fine but thrust bearing was shagged
new rear tail shaft, (previous owner removed the boots and mud killed the shaft)
new crown and pinion in rear d44 thanks to a shonky install from previous owner (thanks overkill engineering for stuffing up the front and rear gears)

but now she runs again in perfect order.
Old 07-06-2012
Senior Newbie

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

suspension stuff flexi coils and bilstine remote reservoir shockers. 33" maxis bighorn and american racing atz big thanks to Greg at g & s tyres all ready for a weekend in the high country
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	54845  
Old 08-06-2012

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Replaced the front SS flexy coils with taller ones, sits better now

Also scored a bargain on some second hand Pro Comp Rockcrawlers and Cooper Discoverer ST's.

Old 08-06-2012
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 107 Times in 78 Posts

That looks better!

I'm liking the wheels. I think black wheels on the silver JK's looks great. I'd love to get some for mine. Would sort out the issues of the tyres scrubbing on the sway bar as well but don't have teh $'s for new wheels at the moment.
Old 08-06-2012
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disaster^Recovery View Post
I installed Smittybilt GEAR to the rear tailgate...

And installed a Rugged Ridge Overhead Console which has my CB Radio attached

where did you get the overhead console? looks like a great place for a cb radio.

Fairly easy to install?

Have found CSE offroad has it on ebay very well priced i got my seat covers from them. That your supplier?

Last edited by bazzz; 08-06-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old 08-06-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzz View Post
where did you get the overhead console? looks like a great place for a cb radio.

Fairly easy to install?

Have found CSE offroad has it on ebay very well priced i got my seat covers from them. That your supplier?
I picked up one of the overhead consoles from SBR Offroad. Were great to deal with, would definately recommend them.
Post New Thread  Reply