wrong fuel in car - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > EMERGENCY - HELP
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 31-05-2017
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Default wrong fuel in car

Hi, i've just filled my jeep with petrol like a complete idiot! Can anyone help? does anyone have any solutions on what to do? I'm still at the petrol station. I don't want to move it incase it damages it.
Old 31-05-2017
Head Honcho

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,173 Times in 708 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Don't start it is first thing, even if you have started it, it will just be the residual diesel in the lines so you will be fine for a short amount of run time.

Don't turn the ignition on either as that will prime the lines.

You going to need to get it towed and have the fuel drained from the tank, providing you havn't run the engine, it should only be tank out, enpty clean and refill.

What state are you in? Do you have roadside assistance?

Depending on state would depend on where I would suggest getting it towed to. I'm sure even the service station would have places to recommend as people would do it all the time.

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 31-05-2017
I just registered

Hi Jimmyb
petrol station did not have a number for me although they said it happens a lot. I got my breakdown company to tow me home in the end.
Looking on the net and i stumbled across companies that appear to come to you and fix it at your address.

Has anyone used a company like Wrong Fuel Recovery? apparently they provide a mobile service but appear to only be in the UK. Does anyone know of any here in Aus? I'm located in Adelaide?

The recovery man wanted to take me to my garage but they said there too busy and cant touch it till next week.

Any help would be great!
Old 31-05-2017
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,189 Times in 788 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I just Google'ed "mobile mechanic Adelaide" and got a dozen or so resalts, maybe one of them can help you out?
Old 31-05-2017
I just registered

Hi Clarky, i have tried a lot of them. None of them say they can help as apparently they need a lift to be able to drop the tank?

I'm gonna try a few local garages to see if they can help then i'll get my recovery company to take me there. Strange that its such a common problem and theres no one here to come and fix it on the spot.
Old 31-05-2017
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,189 Times in 788 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

What sort of Jeep is it?

I can undo the fill hose & siphon mine from underneath without to much hassle, can drop the whole tank with 6 bolts and a few hose clamps.
Old 31-05-2017
I just registered

Hi Clarky, Its a 2004 jeep wrangler TJ.

Ive had a look underneath and i can see where the filler pipe connects to the tank. Do you think that if i release the jubilee clip and pull of the pipe that i will be able to fit a hose pipe in there and let it drain via gravity? I don't have a pump to suck it out.
Post New Thread  Reply