NARVA - ULTIMA 175 Broad Beam Lamps - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > PORTAL > REVIEWS & NEW PRODUCTS
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-11-2003
Head Honcho

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,173 Times in 708 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default NARVA - ULTIMA 175 Broad Beam Lamps

The "Narva Ultima 175" driving lights come ready to go. Everything that is needed to assemble these halogen spotties is included in the kit except for a decent length of cable.

These spotlights are fantastic with their halogen 100W bulbs. They give a direct beam up to approximately 100 metres but cover a full length of up to 300 mtrs.

The kit is extremely easy to install. With the rotary cup mounting system there are four ways that these lights can be mounted, upright, pendant, side and forward. This gives the design great versatility.

The whole casing is made from moulded plastic so no fear of parts rusting.

Step 1 Remove the screen on the top black holding plate. To remove the lens you will need the flat head screw driver. Ease it out gently supporting the lens at the base.

Step2 With the lens removed, release the clips and insert the halogen bulb. Note the bulb can only go in one way. Now thread the wires through the welch plug and using the connectors supplied attach one to the earth and one to the active which is the wire coming from the bulb. With the front still off undo the main bolt and flip it over so that the head is inside the lamp case.

Step3 Reasemble the lens and backing making sure that it is closed securely. Now choose your mounting position on your vehicle, we choose to mount them on the using the spotlight mounting brackets.Following the wiring diagram on the back of the package trace your cable through the engine bay into the cabin and mount the switch. Also remember to earth the lights.

Step4 Test the lights.

4x4 Australia Magazine driving light comparasion recently of all the major brands of spotlights. The Narva Ultimas were rated as 'the stand-out performers'.

Other Ultima lamps available

71610 - 160mm x 115mm Rect Long Range
71640 - 175mm dia Broad Beam (as tested)
71650 - 175mm dia Pencil Beam
71660 - 175mm Combo kit Broad/Pencil

All kits and lamps manufactured in Sweden.

Tools:
Adjustable spanner
Wire cutters
Phillips and flat head screw driver

Price: $175 AUD [Jan 03]

Kit includes: 2 x Broad Beam 175mm Driving Lamps
2 x See Through Lens Protectors
2 x 12V H3 100W Globes
1 x Relay, Switch and Wiring Kit

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 06-11-2007

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They look the goods mate, does anyone know how reasonable they're priced? I have seen some pretty cheap lights like roolites etc, and these seem fairly cheap! I'am interested in hearing some folks experiences with these lights anyone willing to share?

cheers hazza
Old 06-11-2007
Original Mexican Mafia

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I am a Narva fan. More than just throwing enough light out they have copped a beating and are still working a treat. Even tried drowning them and they are still good as gold.
NArva! No worries.
Old 07-11-2007
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have these lights also and think they are great! I have the blue though, think they throw a better light.
Old 02-12-2007
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm thinking of getting the combination "blue". What are the advantages of the blue over the standard?

Also, may be a stupid question but, would they affect the cooling at all seeing as the mounted right in front of the radiator?
Old 02-12-2007
Head Honcho

Liked 1,173 Times in 708 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Yeah anything in front of your grill effects airflow.

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 22-08-2008

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfoot View Post
I'm thinking of getting the combination "blue". What are the advantages of the blue over the standard?

Also, may be a stupid question but, would they affect the cooling at all seeing as the mounted right in front of the radiator?
ok blue gives a "whiter light" i have them on my paj they are awesome, only things is id rather go for the 2 spot rather than the combo, yeah may have an effect on ya cooling ive never experience any effect with my paj though, they dont take up too much room

oh and ive also upgraded globes to 130w globes, make sure u have a 30 odd amp fuse and good wiring if u go this route, busted 2 20amp fuses before i changed to 35amp

ill put up a shot tomorrow of how they look at night
Post New Thread  Reply