What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 581 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2012
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Finished (for now) duel battery and draw install

Hi All,

Just finished the install of new Tuffy draws and a second battery.

The battery is a 120AH from Aussie Batteries and Solar and its installed in the "tool" hole on the back deck. Its secured down with tie downs. I have a piece of rubber backed carpet over the top of it to hide the battery and provide some protection.

This is all controlled by a CTEK SmartPass and D250S Duel. These are connected back to the car battery and have been working really well. Some Bainbridge fuse blocks to get the power out. One for controlled power, one straight from the duel. I got these from Batteries DIrect and Kulkyne Kampers.

The draws came from Jeep Konection and were very easy to install. The finish is strong and the draw is really solid.

All these suppliers have been great. Now I need to get a couple of sockets installed and some black carpet to tidy it all up.

Last edited by noderix; 04-10-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-10-2012
RubiconSlammer

Liked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noderix View Post
Hi All,

Just finished the install of new Tuffy draws and a second battery.

The battery is a 120AH from Aussie Batteries and Solar and its installed in the "tool" hole on the back deck. Its secured down with tie downs. I have a piece of rubber backed carpet over the top of it to hide the battery and provide some protection.

This is all controlled by a CTEK SmartPass and D250S Duel. These are connected back to the car battery and have been working really well.

Nice set-up noderix,

I'm curious though about your decision to run the Smart Pass in your system, is this to charge the vehicle battery? The C-Tek manual only suggests using the Smart-Pass for a large service battery bank.
i.e. for a battery capacity DS-250 Dual 40-300Ah for a capacity of 75-800Ah for the Smart-Pass. It just doesn't seem necessary for your sized system.
Old 04-10-2012
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Jasperj

I wanted to have some capacity. There is another battery I can install for 5+ days of power and I have on the plan (way down the list) for solar. It then can make sure the car battery is also kept charged either with solar or you can connect a battery charger to the system and it will ensure all the batteries are charged correctly, but at this stage it is an expensive low voltage cutout and ensures the car battery is always charged.

I also decided to go this route to protect the expensive AGM battery. Lots of forums claim you don't need a DC-DC converter, but with it I can expect the battery to last a very long time and take the pressure off the alternator.
Old 04-10-2012
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersmalls View Post
awesome UNR8D, cant wait to hear how it all goes...as for me well

This weekend i adjusted the handbrake...oh was that fun..
both rear wheels off
calipers off
drums/disc housings off
tap out dust
swizzle screw adjusters a couple times till disc housing it tight to fit
put calipers back on
put wheels back on and hey presto all done
30mins a side...fun, but painful...why cant they just have designed it like a ford falcon, where instead of using the flat screw driver on its side either at the top or the bottom, you just put it in and flick upwards. The other thing i noticed was when adjusting this thread as you flick it to tighten/loosen your kinda bumping your screw driver against the abs sensor plug/wiring harness...didnt think of that did they...plus the adjustment is behind the dam caliper too. PITA

Also the other thing i did was with the diesel power module i changed from the recommended setting 9 to 5 and the engine is much smoother and seems to be more responsive...I dont know why but am happy with the change.

Wish I could say it was fixed albit its not, still got dw after 90km/h, much much better than before but been advised its a caster issue. the lift is 3.5" not 2", its so high I will more than likely need to get slip yokes for the drive shaft. while more is good in theory I didn't want to go all out and now it looks like ill have to spend more to get it right. Ill have a chat with Dbor tomorrow and see what options I have to rectify. Ill keep you posted.
Old 04-10-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts

[quote=Zen;1321009]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpWraX View Post
Fitted AntennaX stubby, Poison Spyder armour, rear AEV Diff Slider and Delta light mounts,

Hey mate what mirrors are those & did they come with those plastic round bit to gap the original location holes in doors?
Mirrors are Rugged Ridge. Round panels are a separate RR purchase.
Old 04-10-2012
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 67 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D View Post
Wish I could say it was fixed albit its not, still got dw after 90km/h, much much better than before but been advised its a caster issue. the lift is 3.5" not 2", its so high I will more than likely need to get slip yokes for the drive shaft. while more is good in theory I didn't want to go all out and now it looks like ill have to spend more to get it right. Ill have a chat with Dbor tomorrow and see what options I have to rectify. Ill keep you posted.
Did you get terraflex springs and shocks? When I got mine I ordered 2.5 and got pretty much that lift. At 3.5 there is alot more geometry work needed to rectify stuff.
I have decided any major work that I am going to do will be done in brissy and will get the people to supply and fit as I have recently had issues with supplying a major item and getting someelse to fit it.
Hope you can sort out your issues

2013 commando green JKU
Formally Commando Thunder
" Live everyday like its your last "
Old 04-10-2012
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black thunder View Post
Did you get terraflex springs and shocks? When I got mine I ordered 2.5 and got pretty much that lift. At 3.5 there is alot more geometry work needed to rectify stuff.
I have decided any major work that I am going to do will be done in brissy and will get the people to supply and fit as I have recently had issues with supplying a major item and getting someelse to fit it.
Hope you can sort out your issues
synergy springs, terraflex shocks, quick disconnects and OME adj kit for diff etc.
while more lift is great, im in a way unimpressed by the fact its not a fit and play kit as suggested, but Ill see what tomorrow brings, Im sure I can work something with bill.

Global 4x4 (used to be leo muller jeep) have been great and dont mind it being a different kit to their AEV stuff, still willing to assist, but advised me I may need (camber kit) well to be honest I forget the term used (sorry mental blank)
Post New Thread  Reply