KK Drivers Post Youir Pics... - Page 52 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KK Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 43 Times in 32 Posts

Front one covers the engine and diff so should install fine as it attaches to the front cross bar below the swar bar bolts, well behind the Uneek bash-plate.... I'll find out tomorrow I guess though

I'm still chatting to the fabricator about something better for the fuel tank but these front Mopar plates seem good and were relatively cheap, figured I'd just grab them.

Engine/Diff #82210769 = $157.49
Transmission #82210003 = $99.10
Transfer Case #82210937 = $99.54

Pictutre I found on the net of the Engine one installed .... what you see bolted to the front of it is the factory power sterring cover which we don't need since we have the much better Uneek bashplate

Last edited by Mikzor; 11-10-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old 12-10-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 26 Times in 21 Posts
Default KK Drivers Post Youir Pics...

Ive got the engine skid of course and so have to leave the sway bar in when disconnecting. The only way ive found to keep it from spoiling is to disconnect just one side. If you work out another way throw me a bone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikzor View Post
Front one covers the engine and diff so should install fine as it attaches to the front cross bar below the swar bar bolts, well behind the Uneek bash-plate.... I'll find out tomorrow I guess though

I'm still chatting to the fabricator about something better for the fuel tank but these front Mopar plates seem good and were relatively cheap, figured I'd just grab them.

Engine/Diff #82210769 = $157.49
Transmission #82210003 = $99.10
Transfer Case #82210937 = $99.54

Pictutre I found on the net of the Engine one installed .... what you see bolted to the front of it is the factory power sterring cover which we don't need since we have the much better Uneek bashplate

Old 12-10-2013
Established Member

Liked 20 Times in 12 Posts

Mik where did you buy these from?
Old 12-10-2013
Full Flexer

I purchased them from your're most favoroute dealer ever KrazyBJ.... Salters of Springwood. Did you end up getting yourself some skids too recently?

The front engine plate installed, no issues with the Uneek bashplate.

Transmission skid. Be warned this uses the same bolts/hole location as the front Engine plate and also slotted into each other slightly so recommend installing both at same time

Transfer case skid. Prob the weakest one as the Engine and Transmission skids are really solid steel this one just seemed.... a bit soft.

I also had the issue on my car of only beind able to use 1 or the two bolts to atttach the side as my rock-sliders were covering one of the holes needed. Really didn't want to take off my sliders by myself to install this under it but will do that another weekend when I have help.

Last edited by Mikzor; 12-10-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12-10-2013
Established Member

Liked 20 Times in 12 Posts

Yeah I bought the transfer case and transmission ones from Gazzc, just need the engine, front axle one now, do Salters have them in stock? If not how long did they take to come in. I also had to miss one bolt because of my sliders, seems fine though. As for the fuel tank I bought a stock one from the wreckers this week and will be adding done heavy duty steel to it before swapping with my current beat up one
Old 12-10-2013
Full Flexer

They don't carry them in stock and have to ship them up from Melbourne. Only took 2 days to get them shipped up though.
Old 18-10-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 26 Times in 21 Posts

Dipped the new rims today. Took way longer than the 18s. I took these off to do it, not a lot of room around the calipers as you know