Big brake package - Page 9 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2006
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts

According to Brembo and GoJeeps site I have them the right way around, what makes you think I dont?

http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoFordBAdiscs2.htm

Cheers
Steve

Last edited by Steve F; 09-07-2006 at 12:10 AM.
Old 09-07-2006
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts

The DBA rotors I have fitted in the past have been packaged & marked indicating the other direction for the wiper slots. IE in the principal direction of rotation the wiper slots wipe from the inside to outside of the pad. Probably isnt critical tho & I would follow the disc makers recommendation.

David
Old 09-07-2006
So play on just play on

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench
The DBA rotors I have fitted in the past have been packaged & marked indicating the other direction for the wiper slots. IE in the principal direction of rotation the wiper slots wipe from the inside to outside of the pad. Probably isnt critical tho & I would follow the disc makers recommendation.

David
Hmmmm, you'd think they would all need to be the same direction etc. Ahhh well, I'll leave them as stated for these discs.

Cheers
Steve
Old 09-07-2006
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i didnt notice b4 but they look around the wrong way too.. all the sports cars i see, rex's holdens and stuff all have then with the inside leading in to the calliper first. im not saying yours is wrong but it just looks to be around the wrong way to every car ive seen on the road.
Old 09-07-2006
So play on just play on

Hmmm, this is a pic that was on the Brembo site

And this will help clear it up.

The direction of the slots or hole pattern should not be used to determine what side of the vehicle to place a rotor. Different manufacturers may have different strategies for slot and hole patterns.

The only correct way to determine what side a directional rotor goes on is the internal vane direction.

Cheers
Steve
Old 09-07-2006
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Below is a quote from this website, which also complies with the way inwhich Steve has installed his.

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...+Slotted+Rotor

"Brembo Sport slotted brake rotors are sold in axle pairs and the easiest way to verify correct usage is to install the rotors on the side of the vehicle that results in the end of the slot nearest the outer edge of the rotor always contacting the brake pads first."

This site has some interesting Tech articles to read.
http://www.baer.com/
Old 09-07-2006
LokRinger

Liked 1,744 Times in 551 Posts

Greetings from Africa.

Glad it all went well so far. The rotors are around the right way as also followed the advice from the maker of the discs and those that sell the kits. They also race cars and set them the same way even though doing a picture search shows other brand discs facing the other way. Always go with what the maker of the disc says I think which is what you have done.
Leave driving impressions until you have bed them in a few days to get used to it. The benefits from low fade will take longer to see and wont happen until after some towing down steep hills or off road.

Cheers

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club
Post New Thread  Reply