DIY modifications - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Hot Topic of week
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-01-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default DIY modifications

Hey guys. Please show off your DIY modifications. So anything not directly bolt on that you had to think of and design/build yourself.
Old 15-01-2013
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 307 Times in 169 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default No drill metal frame to mount subwoofer in boot of TJ

Metal frame sits very securely in boot using only 2 bolts in pre-existing holes.
I removed the 2 child seat restraint clips near the tailgate lip and used the (already threaded) holes for the bolts.
All the smaller bolts you can see on the frame are just holding the frame together.
Had to take care to avoid the 4 footman loops in the back of the tub.

The front of the frame is flush up against the middle seat belt bracket and the sides of the frame are hard up against the sides of the tub and slide under the backseat catches so the frame cannot move sideways, fore, aft or even up and down.

Run some cinch straps under the frame...

And tie down sub

It's a tight fit - the rub marks on the straps are from the tailgate.
But the rear seat still fits and the frame doesn't hinder the operation of the seat latch.
Also - I'm using one of the bolts as an earth for the sub.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0179.JPG
Views:	540
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	59288   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0180.jpg
Views:	541
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	59289   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0181.JPG
Views:	633
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	59290  

Last edited by wes; 15-01-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old 05-04-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

okay so my DIY: mod consists of 4X Milk Crates. cut up into the "sides" of the crate and the bottom also..

consists then of hmmmh, 16X ZIP TIES for each umm "join"

pretty much. cut your milk crate up. then lay all the pieces next to each other. in a long line, ZIP tie them all together.... you now have FOLDIGN MAXXTRAXX - for the cost of zip ties and milk crates!!!!!!

before you ask.... YES it does work: NO i don't know if it'd work for a Jeep that's allot heavier than a Zook!
this has worked on my Zooker for the last 2 years running when needed.... works perfectly in the sand.. and i replace the zip ties after ever maybe 5th use. just in case. hahahha but they fold up very nicely and they are massively cheap!

the reason i haven’t tested it with my jeep yet is i've only had my jeep off road once and i wasnt' game enough to do anything hard until i get my lift in at least !!!!!

i will report back and advise if the jeeps are to heavy or not. my thoughts are that the heavier the car the more strain on the joints "zip ties" so maybe just some re-enforcing (more zip ties) haahaahaa!!!!! but we'll see what happens.. but there you have it my DIY: idea. actually found it off a zook forum woohoo!!!!!
Old 05-04-2013
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts

Any pics of the MILKTRAXX?
Old 05-04-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

basically the Milk Crate recovery!

the first clip shown uses a shopping crate sort of idea. however the milk trax. - exactly the same princible just in a different color hahahaha!!!!!
Old 05-04-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: DIY modifications

I did exavtly the same for my Stockton trip! Works a treat
Old 07-04-2013
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

A pillar antenna bracket. Couldn't find anything around that did what I wanted and kept the base close tot he body. Works well for the elevated feed types

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Post New Thread  Reply