Dobinson Suspension - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KL Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2017
Sideways Slammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default Dobinson Suspension

Hi All,

With the various spacer lifts av now, just wondering if anyone here has gone the other route of replacing there springs and shocks with the Dobinson package?

https://www.dobinsonsprings.com/inde...ep-64/download
Old 13-06-2017
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Gone as far as getting a quote, saving up and whispering sweet nothings in the girls ear.
Old 13-06-2017
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Spend the extra money on OME or a fulcrum kit.

I was disappointed with the dobinson kit on my XH Commander.

Perhaps someone can chime in with experience on a KL?
Old 15-06-2017
Established Member

Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

Keeping in mind the outright amount of lift is governed by front end geometry and uni joint articulation limitations, essentially the Dobinson kit will achieve the same as the Aussie lift in terms of lifting - but at much more $$$ - so its real usefulness will be if the springs and shockies themselves are a marked improvement on the factory gear.

Dobinson reviews and feedback is a bit patchy with regard to 4WD lifts - in terms of the actual amount of lift people have ended up with (ie. differing from advertised) as well as vehicles ending up uneven - and in terms of the final handling qualities of the springs/shocks - so it'll come down to yeah, someone getting it done and reporting the result.

I'm fence sitting to see what feedback eventually comes out about the Dobinson setup as well as others like OME etc. (those will no doubt appear eventually). Otherwise, my leaning is to do the Aussie lift and fit Bilsteins - but again, there are no listings for those yet - so it's all a waiting game as far as spring / shockie upgrades - but the Aussie lift can be done right now by any of us for SFA cost...

Last edited by Trailfirst; 16-06-2017 at 09:09 PM.
Old 17-08-2017
Senior Newbie

Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

So I am ready to pull the trigger on the Dobinson lift and I am told I have to wait two months for the Rockhampton factory to make my order. I suggested to the sales rep that our American KL friends have bought up all the stock? He agrees!
Old 01-09-2017
Established Member

Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

A look at the supplied kit at least. Bit confusing that I cant seem to find any actual references or followups on the installed setup?? I haven't spent long searching tho...

There's mention of camber plates 8-O (not associated with the Dobinson stuff) but no detail yet.

Last edited by Trailfirst; 22-09-2017 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-09-2017

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Trailhawk standard height is overall higher than the rest so if thats standard and not already lifted then it makes sense lifting it would if fact make it higher also
Post New Thread  Reply