2.5td Fuel Heater - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2017
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,545 Times in 4,339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminol View Post
Yeha, my 99 had those and i have the wiring there but not the bowl. WHat gives huh? No one know what the model nbumber is? there are loads of Racor alternatives you see. Thanks
The bowl is probably a jeep thing. Sounds like some one in the past has had a bowl failure & has been replaced with a standard Raycor bowl.
Old 02-11-2017
Established Member

Liked 33 Times in 28 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

sorry, I have confused the situation, there isnt even a bowl, its just a closed fuel filter annoyingly. I'll grab a secondhand one.
Old 02-11-2017
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminol View Post
sorry, I have confused the situation, there isnt even a bowl, its just a closed fuel filter annoyingly. I'll grab a secondhand one.
Probably just as cheap to grab a new one.
Old 08-11-2017
Senior Newbie

Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts

Could it be Parker Racor 230R10 (from a random list I have stored)? Don't know if that has heater element though...
Old 08-11-2017
Senior Newbie

Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts

Luminol you're in UK. Me too. Try eBay 152128887431. If not that model, he may advise of correct one
Old 16-11-2017
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

So I have been having problems with fuel drain back. Have been having to crank the jeep for about 20 sec in the morning to get it to start. Finally found the time to look at it. had a slight leak around the connector for the heater. So I swapped the bowl with the one on the other jeep. it looks like the fittings in the bowl (heater & sensor) can be removed, so there is probably O rings in there. Will need to fix some time.

Last edited by layback40; 16-11-2017 at 04:00 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply