Teyes CC3 Update - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-10-2021
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts
Default Teyes CC3 Update

So, it's been a while now since we all jumped on the bandwagon and installed these headunits. I thought it might be good for an update thread to share some tips etc on settings, apps and experience with the unit.

First off, I bloody love the thing, so much more versatile than the stock unit. My Mrs wants to drive my car just because of the head unit, I don't let her though.

I've had a couple of little bugs, a couple of times I've had no sound, all I've had to do was turn car off and on again and all is good, and the radio icons were a ball ache to get to work, only got them working in the middle of the city of Adelaide. Radio reception is pretty shit, no AM, I reckon I need to add a power wire to the antenna somewhere, or I'll just stick a longer aerial on the mast.

I installed Teyes Widget Updater, cost a couple of bucks. It allows you to install and use other music players and they are controlled on the home screen min widget. If you allow 'multiple players' in the settings it will keep whatever was last used in the widget.

For downloaded music, I run it off a 128gb usb and use Gone Mad Music Player, cost a couple of bucks but is fast, scans fast, has a good interface, is customisable to no end. I have Spotify (ad free) installed but don;t use it, I've been using Vanced Youtube Music, quality of sound is spot on, suggestions are better and it seems to have more options, lots of live stuff too. The stock player works, but sucks balls.

As for sound quality, I've spent bloody hours dicking around with the EQ and other settings, I've found it best to leave the surround off, it sounds good with some tracks but stuffs everything else up. The way I have everything now, I get good mid range, great bass from the stock sub and the front doors which sound surprisingly bloody good. I've found a happy medium, some tracks the bass is too heavy, others it leaves a little lacking, but for the most part they sound pretty darn good. I reckon for the stuff on my usb, I need to spend some time one night with some Jacks and ripping some CD's for some decent quality sound.

DVR is quite good, it's about half a second behind, I never really have it on the main screen, only on the home screen from time to time, so hopefully it auto records without it actually being on the screen, haven't really checked.
I love the ability to look at eh rear cam any time too, good view in a convoy on a trail. The lane assist and distance to objects is pretty good, but I did turn off the alerts as they gave me the shits.

Google Maps works well on it, for the once I've used it. Good to have it on the main screen along with the music widget and other stuff. Something I am missing is a decent sized clock, and I fear moving to a whole new launcher will stop me from having these other widgets.

Call quality is bloody good with the stock mic, which I've heard others piss and moan about, must of been lucky, however, the head unit syncing my contacts has wiped all my Google contacts from my phone twice, upon research it seems to be a common problem with all Androi head units. Even after downloading all my contacts to the head unit, it still wiped them (easy enough to restore on PC) and won't show who is calling, only the number. All easy enough to just ask Google assistant to call and message anyway.

I've got a Bixby routine setup on my phone so once it detects the cars Bluetooth it turns on a wifi hotspot. The headunit also connects to my home wifi meshe setup as I have a node in the garage, so music is available straight away and isn't affected as it changes to my phone's data. With the Widget Updater, it starts up the last used music app, song and position upon startup or wake which works bloody brilliantly.

Here are some screenshots for anyone who cares to look at the EQ etc. Mine is an Overland, so had a half decent setup from factory, not sure how the speakers differ to the other models, but they're everywhere.

Last edited by Grippy; 17-10-2021 at 07:49 PM.
Old 18-10-2021
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farwest View Post
Thats beautiful mate...now again..in English..lol..I am VERY old reading that...ENJOY !!!
Haha, there's a lot of tweaking in these units. Can't be said in a few simple words 😀
I do love the thing, looks gkodz sounds good, lots to fiddle with.
Old 18-10-2021
Established Member

Liked 113 Times in 64 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

The clock is very small, always struggling to find it at a glance, the wife is gone as blind as a bat so she can't see it atall.
Last week the wife reported that the radio wasn't working, so i figured that the aerial socket had come loose at the back of the unit. So pulled out the unit and the aerial was stuck in there solid, so not the problem. Fiddled around with all the other wires to check if anything was loose and nothing.
Stuck the headunit back in and decided to turn it off comletely by holding the power button until it went off and turned it back on again and presto the radio worked. Don't know why it stopped working but turning it off and on again fixed it.
Old 19-10-2021
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colm View Post
The clock is very small, always struggling to find it at a glance, the wife is gone as blind as a bat so she can't see it atall.
Last week the wife reported that the radio wasn't working, so i figured that the aerial socket had come loose at the back of the unit. So pulled out the unit and the aerial was stuck in there solid, so not the problem. Fiddled around with all the other wires to check if anything was loose and nothing.
Stuck the headunit back in and decided to turn it off comletely by holding the power button until it went off and turned it back on again and presto the radio worked. Don't know why it stopped working but turning it off and on again fixed it.
Yep it's weird hey. I'm thinking as it's just basically an Android unit that the app requires restart every now and then. Mines done the no sound thing twice, off and on, and she's good to go.
Overall it's a ripper unit though, much better than stock.
Old 19-10-2021
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farwest View Post
Grippy...on a device that allows my old eyes to read your playlist on the posted pix of the 'new u beaut sound system'....METAL HEAD !!!!!!

DONT CARE WHAT YOU PLAY JUST PLAY IT LOUD !!!!!

ENJOY mate !!!
Haha, I do love some metal and hard rock.
Scrolling further to the right there is some more sedate suggestions from YouTube based on my watch history, like some old-school hip hop, Aussie country and some acoustic stuff.
However. Yep it's mostly metal!
Old 19-10-2021
Established Member

Liked 27 Times in 22 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Does it do the Jeep pages as well? Got some pictures of the off-road pages? Settings and others?

Might need a replacement for the current screen in the future.
Old 19-10-2021
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCRob View Post
Does it do the Jeep pages as well? Got some pictures of the off-road pages? Settings and others?

Might need a replacement for the current screen in the future.
Not sure about them mate.
Hopefully someone else can chime in if they have worked them out