What did you do to your WK Grand today? - Page 39 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2017
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 355 Times in 199 Posts

finally got the htx230's fitted . Holy sheet they are bright . way brighter than the illuminators.

yes a shitton more expensive but i do alot of night country driving and always had no issues with lightforce gear .

will take some pics tonight when i go out to adjust the lights properly but driving around the streets shit be daytime lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	17106232_10155275258341807_766417969_o_LI_Moment.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	75537  
Old 04-03-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 83 Times in 46 Posts

Good things come to those who wait... or so my mum told me.

Finally picked up a couple of full size rims for my spares, only 3 years later (see first post in this thread). $50 a pop off ebay, local pickup. Bloke still had 6 if anyone else is chasing them. They do a couple of light marks. Some of the others had slight gutter rash.

Now to decide on some new rubber!

Old 04-03-2017
Established Member

Liked 115 Times in 69 Posts

re-fitted the replacement UNEEK roof-rails,( warranty) so while everything was apart I flayed the wind-deflector sides out (OEM was a bit narrow)and added extra side pieces also braced it in the centre
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001 (5).jpg
Views:	158
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	75538  
Old 08-03-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 158 Times in 112 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I blew a small hose in the cooling system - mechanic tells me it is near the EGR and a bugga to get to, of course - and it dumped all the coolant. The temp gauge peaked at 135 degrees...

I was towing at the time and in the midddle of nowhere so it was an interesting recovery to the nearest town.

Apparently, Jeep, in their infinite wisdom, have made the hose different diameters at each end and it has a 90 degree bend in it. This means we are stuck here until a replacement can be found - out of Sydney then via Albury. Then they can refill the coolant and test for damage caused by the coolant loss and overheating. If there is head or gasket damage we could be here for some time...

The RACV guys have been great. The recovery took 2 hours from truck arriving to driving off. We had to separate car from camper - which was fun because of the very uneven ground where I managed to get off the narrow road. We used two of my recovery bow shackles to attach the winch cable on the flattop to pull the car on - that is the first time the recovery points on the Uneek bull bar have been used.

Then we had to get the DO35 pin off the Jeep tow hitch which needed an extension on the shifter and a lot of swearing. We then got the ball off the truck's tow hitch - extender and much swearing - and put the DO35 pin on. Of course, the tow hitch was way too low for the jockey wheel on the off road camper so we had to jack up the A bar, swivel the jockey wheel and then lower the hitch onto the pin.

The driver then had to back everything to the nearest intersection so he could turn around.

Once in town he drove us to the nicer caravan park which is 7 km out of town, put the camper onto a nice shady site, then drove the Jeep back into town to the mechanics. The mechanics then drove a loan car out to us!

Cheers
Numb Thumbs ;(
Old 08-03-2017
Established Member

Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts

Coolant loss sounds familiar!

Your biggest problem is going to be finding a competent dealer to fix the Jeep - ask me how I know........

If you pulled up quickly after the coolant loss you should have no other issues (like head gasket).

Hope you get sorted and mobile again quickly.

Cheers,

DM
Old 08-03-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 158 Times in 112 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

The local mechanics here in Corryong will replace the hose once it arrives.

I saw the ruptured hose today. It split full length. The coolant would have dumped in a second or two.

Cheers
Numb Thumbs
Old 08-03-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 570 Times in 293 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Have to be careful that they use the correct coolant, my MY13 built in Sept '12 has Hoat not Oat that was used in the MY11-12. They are not supposed to be mixed

Bob
Post New Thread  Reply