Should I buy a WH Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Question Polls
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

View Poll Results: Should I buy a WH Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi?
Yes, they're a great vehicle. 13 100.00%
No, stay away from Jeeps. They are made by lazy and stoned Americans 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2013
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Should I buy a WH Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi?

It's time for me to look at buying another 4x4. The last one I had was an 80 Series Landcruiser which was moderately modified. I then took the option of a company car for a while and drove a BMW 320i. The lease has expired on the BMW so now it's time to start thinking about buying another vehicle. My requirements are that it be a 4x4, it be capable offroad, not too big and not too small, a comfortable tourer, fun to drive and it have a bit of grunt. After working through a number of options over the last few weeks it's starting to become reasonably obvious that there is only one vehicle that fits my requirements. A WH Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi.
I've never owner a Jeep, or any other US made car. I'll be looking for one around 2007 with 100,000km's on the clock. Should I jump in and buy a Jeep? There's a few horror stories on the internet about the Grand Cherokee but if you look, you'll find horror stories about any vehicle. Are the cost of parts and servicing reasonable?
Old 05-04-2013
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Should I buy a WH Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi?

Yes, you should....

Sent from my talking bone using white fella magic
Old 08-04-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 130 Times in 96 Posts

Absolutely.
Yes service and parts costs are reasonable - Especially if you take advantage of all the information around the net, here, etc, buying online, etc.
It seems like a lot of us do our own servicing, but I imagine that is partly (or mostly?) for peace-of-mind, rather than cost.
You'll find the most common horror stories are about bad dealer (or independent.) service - Incorrect oils is a common one - For the hemi, auto, transfer-case and even diffs.
Old 13-05-2013
Senior Newbie

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default 5.7 litre Grandy? You will not regret it...

Buy Mine!!
Yes it has got to go... Too pretty to take bush, it takes me hours to drive through the scrub following my wife (she breaks off all the scratchers and moves any snags) I just cant bring myself to getting it dirty....
If you want the best luxo 4X4 V8 on the road with massive 20 inch chrome wheels and 3 1/2 tonne tow, de-badged rear and new exhaust / tyres with your own GO HMI plates. See me. I'm the one crying about having to sell it. Lucky I've got other chrysler toys..
But this is possibly the best fun I've ever owned. Now 3 Jeeps and a Plymouth Duster! Help me!! (see my AusJeepOffRoad Garage for pics) 260kW 500Nm will scare anything on the road, XR8 is just bait to this bad boy. Porsche Cayenne - got nothing. Beautiful to drive, comfortable HD King springs. Mirror warmers, mirror auto tint, reverse sensor lights in rear view. Nav, hard wired hands free. Easy access auto seats (heated). Cruise, daytime lights, service history - no problems.
Check eBay - hard to find for good reason. I LOVE it. Can't keep it.

Now moved to a 'bush block' in nthrn NSW with gravel road access. Just can't keep it clean enough. I love this car but it's the wrong time of my life to have it. The XJ's fit the bill ATM. :?(
I'll take 15 grand - sadly... Over-serviced and loved to bits, no trouble and no pending trouble. It's sound as a pound.
Reg & RWC in Qld. New 20 inch tyres in Feb. 154,000 Kms.