Juliet - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-02-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First thing was to get some coats of paint on things.

Then I moved to re-cutting the threads on everything dipped. Tip of the day - Use the die that is the next size up first. I was able to pick up the thread the first time, and then cut it back the second time with the right size die. Long process cutting everything twice but well worth no stuff ups.

I have literally been waiting for paint to dry all day so I've been bored shitless ... hence the up dates !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuel Tank 013.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	46179   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuel Tank 014.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	46180   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuel Tank 015.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	46181   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuel Tank 016.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	46182   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuel Tank 017.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	46183  

4865GANG
Old 26-02-2011
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 43 Times in 32 Posts

Loving your work. How much prep did you have to do on the skiddy and straps. Before you sent them to be dipped. What system are you using to coat the galv bits now?
Old 27-02-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whollsee View Post
Loving your work. How much prep did you have to do on the skiddy and straps. Before you sent them to be dipped. What system are you using to coat the galv bits now?
No prep for the galv dipping. That's why I love dipping. They acid dip everything first, and then galv dip, and then dip it in a cooling solution .... I think. Either way, she aint going to rust again for a while.
I bought some galv/zink primer. Then everything has just been sprayed in mat black - Gloss for the tank. It sticks to some things like glue, others straight off. Again if the paint comes off, she aint going to rust anyway

Next will be the transmission skid plate and replace mounts and torque bushes. Look at a leak at the same time. Maybe some new springs at the same time ??

Going to do the complete under chassis and then look at the tub. There will definitely be some double handling this way. But as long as I get to take her for a spin every now and then I'll be happy !!

4865GANG
Old 27-02-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Had left the plastics soaking in some plastic refresher shit over night. Cleaned them up and started putting it all together.
She's now ready to go back in but I haven't been able to get over the river to get into town for supplies.
Just need some rubber fuel line and clamps. And I'll spry the body above the fuel tank with some deadener to prevent any further rust over the next 6 months until she comes off.

Cheers,

Jon
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Fuel Tank 018.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	46196   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuel Tank 019.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	46197   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuel Tank 020.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	46198  

4865GANG
Old 27-02-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

SHE'S ALIVE !!!

All in and she fired up after 30 seconds or so.
Got the fuel lines on and then getting the strap on was a MAJOR pain in the ass !!
I sprayed the body above the tank with the deadened and she was all done.
Second picture is the finished product.
Once under the car getting the fuel lines on was another royal pain in the ass too !! Had to mount the drivers side of the tank only so it could hang a little on the passenger side to fit the lines and earth wire.
All done.

Now it's back to the whipper-snipper for a couple weeks ...

Next job - Centre skid plate and mounts.

4865GANG
Old 27-02-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Won't let me post photos
I'll try again later.

4865GANG
Old 01-03-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok last two pictures. Last one is of the finished tank ready for install !!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Fuel Tank 021x.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	46244   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuel Tank 022x.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	46245  

4865GANG
Post New Thread  Reply