TJ: Digsy's Wrangler QLD - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2008
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey all.

I haven't posted for a while so I thought I would update my buildup...
It has still been happening but a just keep forgetting to take photos of the old girl...

I have trussed the front D30 and installed my gears and lockers. It made a big improvement to how hard you have to punish the Jeep in the rough stuff... less wheel spin and all that sort of stuff...

I have bought and sold another wrangler in the middle and it went to a mad keen 4b nut as it's next owner so it will be getting a bit of work done to it as well...

Now the plan....

I am currently in talks with an engineer and Queensland Transport about making a stretch to 107-109 inch wheelbase... I know there are a couple of stretched rigs down south but it isn't as easy with Queensland Transport so I am working on it and will let everyone know how it goes...

It will still have a Short Arm suspension kit and be running 33" muddies on road and 37" Krawlers off road... I am hoping to have it completed by Christmas and I will hopefully start the cut in late september

The only reason that I am holding off till after september is that the Jeep is in a 3 Car team event up this way so I am not keen to cut it before then incase it isn't back together...

Anyway. That is the update, hopefully I'll be able to put heaps of info and photos up over the coming months...

If I remember I will put some photos of the truss and how it sits currently on 36" Simex Pedes.

Have fun.
Old 10-05-2008
Banned

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Pics digsy, were are the pics mate.
Old 16-08-2008
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sick set up Dan but you will be coming second in the three car.

oh shit, locko has learnt to use the interWebz...Yeah Boy!

www.groundupgarage.com
Old 16-08-2008
No Winching

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Are you still running the 2 inch coil spacers, 1 inch BL, with the 4.5inch Rubicon express lift???

That would be pretty high, id say more than enough to clear 36s??
Do you have extended bump stops in, from R/E lift??
Old 26-08-2008
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mate the coil packers are gone but the BL is still in. I have been running 36 inch 'pedes for about a year now and while they are a good tire I'm moving on from them to run a set of Walker Evans 17 inch Beadlock rims and 37" BFG Krawlers. I guess it'll never stop!!

I've also sold both the diffs out of the Jeep to make way for some bigger/badder units. Think it'll end up with 2x Solid 44's under it. They seem like a good mix of clearance and strenght for a rig on 37's. I like the fact that they come with bigger axle tubes than Dana 44s (jk's etc) and I guess for the price I'll just order mine complete with brackets etc which makes them a bolt in alternative to modified jap diffs. Has anyone had much experience with these diffs? And good, bad or ugly things to say?

I'm also still hunting for a front end damaged right off so I can make my stretch happen. I've pretty much nutted out how I'm gonna do it and the start of october is the due cut date... Again I keep promising photos and the day that I get them off my camera will be the day I post them up...

The hardest thing is that I have been very busy dungin it like theres no tomorrow! Once I pull it off the road I'm gonna have no toy for a couple of months (atleast) and that will be both good and bad! hopefully it will give me the motivation to stay focused on finishing it. Us Curran boys have a history of starting too many projects! We still have all of them in various dismantled states! So we don't give up on them, they just take longer than planned...
Old 26-08-2008
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Locko! On Ausjeep!!!

Wonders never cease...

I saw your photos on your thread and the ol Grands looking the part these days mate.

I've actually got my brother half convinced to sell that P.O.crap mav that he has and buy a Grand. He's looking at one down south. Just got to sell his mav first to get some coin back. So if you know anyone that would be looking for a super mav send them our way... it's got a ton of gear on it for touring and hard corr wheeling... just need to be a bit partial to a few little dints... nothing too bad, all repairable...

You gotta come down and put a few tracks in on our new place mate. We got some pretty good ones happening already and at the start of october I'm hoping to have an Ausjeep run here. Maybe dung a saturday and then camp up five rocks and come home sunday? Would your pack of Cherrokee owners be interested in something like that? Through a good date out and we'll lock it in.
Old 26-08-2008

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Digsy i'm keen as mustard. The chero is on the road after a 5 month break. Longarmed, dana 44 rear,alloy usa front axles and 4.56 gears to play with....yea i'm keen

Time is my problem at the moment but shoot me a text the next time you go for a play.(our second child due 29 September).Been out of the loop for the past 12 months or so but that is going to change.

An ausjeep weekend sounds cool. Let us know if I can help out.Lets show these boys some decent offroad action.