TJ: Nick's Build - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-09-2009
Sponsored by Centrelink

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default TJ: Nick's Build

Bought my jeep as a complete stocker and a Loser plater in 2007.

looking like a streeter!

That exact day i got it the plastics came off and i engaged 4wd for the first time (flexed on the front lawn) Then came the mods (VERY SLOWLY) as follows.

-Got given a set of 2" shocks and some King Spring Coils so threw it in without a tfr case drop and NEVER had any vibrations or trouble what so ever.

-Drove around like that for a good year and then realised i was sick of the street look.

-Realised disconnecting the swaybars made a massive difference!

-took off ALL the chrome and plastic possible: nudgebar and sidesteps.

-Bought some Light Force 140's only to drown them and blow the reflectors (warrraaannntttttyyyy)

-Then Blew the waterpump TWICE!!!
-Then The Radiator

-Self Fitted a Safari Snorkel

-Blew my clutch which was a pain in the ass.. mechanic told me it was gonna be a 900 dollar job and a whole new slave.. so i pulled it apart and couldnt find anything wrong with it until i was cleaning it with the air compressor and the plastic seal fell off.. cost $60 bucks cassshhh.

-Exhaust System

-Spent the most ive spent and bought a set of 4 pro Comp craagar black rockkrawler rims and Xtremeterrain Tires (31x105r15 on 15x8 rims)

-Loved the all black look so went and painted the headlight rings black

-went for the first 4b with the new rims and tires and realised they scrubbed under lock so i got the angle grinder out and marked 4cm of the "drop" on the flare and did some trimming.

-Drove around like that for about 3 months untill i lost my license and then realised i needed to get things legal so i put the swaybars in, finished chopping the flares to flat tops, bought discconects for the front.

(took 1pt good behaviour for 12 months)

-Month later it broke down on the beach and turned out to be the camshaft position sensor, changed it and put it in to the same spot as i took it out (rotation) and too this day NO mechanics have been able to adjust it with a scantool and im too arragant to go to the stealership but it all seems to be running excellent.

-put a UHF and compressor in.

-swapped lightforce for some CAT dozer Spotties

-Did my second radiator (top tank)

-Bought a Bestop Half top, powdercoated sidesteps black, put headlight protectors and tail light protectors on, mounted highlift jack and some other business.

Rubicon Shocks on order!
Added 1.5" Front coil spacer to fix saggy suspension.

THE PLANS FOR THE FUTURE.

*Roll bar work! (any info on laws would be great) im looking to change the rear and make a tire carrier above the rear of the half top and change the *square* design of the rear.

*Front and Rear Bar Work!

*Rock Sliders

My engine has 165,000km's on it and the last 70k have been foot on the floor everywhere so the MAJOR plans are Stroker kit/rebuild and then when the money situation changes: upgrade the drive line and supercharge or turbocharge instead of spending the money on lift as i'm happy and get everywhere i wan to with the lift as is..

ANY input would be great.

(THE LIST ISN'T IN PERFECT ORDER EITHER) i will try to update once a week if not more

IVE done multiple 1200klm round trips in it and whenever i've needed it most its never let me down. from they day i first went for a dive in it.. i knew i was going to be broke forever.

PHOTO's BELOW

FIRST DAY 4wding EVER!

NEW TIRES AND CUT FLARES

BROKE IT

FINISHED THE FLARES

HALF TOP *permanent two seater*

SIDE STEPS AND OTHER GEAR

Sadly i am a flexaholic so i barely have any photo's not flexing.

Last edited by stroked; 20-09-2009 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Added Photo's
Old 21-09-2009
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

nice one man...cool TJ!
Old 21-09-2009
Sponsored by Centrelink

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Roll Bar

It's a bit hard to see/explain with my shit computer skills but hopefully you can interpret the image I'm trying to portray.

okay...

RED line is how i want to modify the existing roll cage in the rear so its more of a "Ute" style

POO/BROWN is the idea for the tire carrier, i want to have two bars coming down and across the car and then i could position the stock "mount" that is holding the high lift jack in the middle of the two.

I'm not too familiar with the names of all the pillars ect, but i did just do some research with QLD transport and there wasn't much information on modifications to cars that ALREADY have stock roll bars other than you need a specific person to approve aka engineers certificate.

I would like to have the bar closest to the cab a tad shorter so when the tire is positioned it sits on a slight angle but would still allow me to see out the rear window.

ANY input appreciated or links to past threads.

Old 24-09-2009
TurboTJ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Nick Ur Jeep Seems To Be Comming Along Nicely. Check How My Jeeps Going On http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3253236.
Will Have 2 Go 4 A Night Run When I Get My P Plates In October.
Old 30-09-2009
Sponsored by Centrelink

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah for sure.

update:

came home to a rather ********ed clutch and or gearbox. have to push like a ton of bricks to get it into 1st, 2nd & Third.

I'll pull it out this weekend and see if it will be my 2nd slave seal Gone as the pedal is all spongy again .

Last edited by stroked; 14-11-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 06-10-2009
Sponsored by Centrelink

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My indicators blew for a third or the 4th time yesterday, Auto Electrician told me to get a small bank loan to get it fixed which got me thinking.

Stroker, 4.7L - http://www.allengines.com.au/Automot...s/?product=201 $6000
NEW Gearbox - Poly 4x4? (Auto) (Manual) $?
NEW clutch - Poly 4x4? (Super Heavy Duty) $? 1000?

The Five Speed Box I have now is just about destroyed and the clutch IS ********ED + the motor has 180,000ish klms on it and its showing wear and tear..

Is it worth a 4.7 Stroker or are their other options?

Nick

Last edited by stroked; 06-10-2009 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Edit.
Old 06-10-2009
Sponsored by Centrelink

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Clutch http://www.quadratec.com/products/52002_19.htm

Also, replacing the clutch wont stop my pedal to the floor problems?

Motor http://www.allengines.com.au/Automot...s/?product=201

Transmission ???????