TJ: Nick's Build - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2009
Sponsored by Centrelink

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake_N_Bake View Post
why chop the crap outa your flares man? new flares are easy to get and you will find most tjs on here wont chop the flares. If you wana keep it low while having cool wheel travel i would recomend lookin at the highline kits. Keeps things looking and working schmicko without havint to hack and bash at things.
my answer is, why be like everyone else, as you said flares aren't hard to come buy so why not chop them. I personally like the look and the garden edging is actually quite tough. New flares go for $500+
garden edging was $20 and the bolts were $100ish, all stainless including washers.

As for the wheel travel, the main thing im looking at is getting longer shocks and changing the bump stops until i can afford something more aggressive, i.e a coil over kit or SF kit.

Nick

I'll post up some photo's later on of how the flares are set up

Last edited by stroked; 01-12-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-12-2009
No Winching

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

have you thought about doing the screws on ur flares black?
i dont mind the look of them, seem pretty neat. just think the stainless screws make them look a little cheap..
black paint, easy fix
Old 02-12-2009
TurboTJ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Arrow

Hey Nick Finally Got My P's After The 3rd Go. Have 2 Plan A Run..
Old 03-12-2009
Sponsored by Centrelink

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronsjeep View Post
have you thought about doing the screws on ur flares black?
i dont mind the look of them, seem pretty neat. just think the stainless screws make them look a little cheap..
black paint, easy fix
haha yeah i have but i couldnt be ********ed taking them off to do the whole lot, that was my origional idea but like usual i left everything too late and waited until i got raped by popo so eh. ive added rubber edging since these photo's from clark rubber and it makes them look really good IMO
Old 04-12-2009

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think you'll find moding up the original sports cage will be a bit of a pain in the ring once you get into it... We just recently pulled the sports cage out of a tj and the things are pretty flimsy... just my thoughts but i reckon you'd be better off starting with a blank canvas if you wanna go down the road, gives you alot more freedom to give the rig the look you want (not to mention make in much much stronger) we just recently did a full cage for a tj, check it out in this section in digsy's wrangler, didnt turn out to bad for a group of electricians and 1 civil engineer, haha... and the rear halo was added cause he has a young family do wanted some extra protection for them, but if its just a dedicated 2 seater than you could leave it out and just run the 6 point look like you have drawn...
Old 04-12-2009
Sponsored by Centrelink

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i think the biggest problem with that idea jishwa is i dont have the knowledge on pipe bending, maths is definetly my weak point and ive never been shown how to weld. but if you and the boys are keen for say a few cartons plus i pay for steel then im defs keen haha
Old 10-12-2009
Sponsored by Centrelink

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fitted new rock sliders and JKS disco's last night.

Hit a overhanging branch last night while driving (typical rockhampton council) and cracked my windscreen good and proper.