Canning stock route - Page 5 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-06-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 547 Times in 265 Posts

Once I have had a good look around the Kimberley, Cape Leveque etc, I will be traversing the Gibb River road again and on to Darwin and Litchfield, Kakadu etc. When I did Cape York a couple of years ago, 2 guys had their TJ kitted up and towing a 17 ft boat all ovwer a had no problems. Cheers. Love this thread!
Old 18-06-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidd View Post
yep, perth to darwin on the bitumen, and up the regularly graded gibb river road are a couple of real horror stretches mate.
This why nobody likes old people. Always trying to force their "wisdom" onto others.

Get out their and have a go, that is what it is all about.
Old 18-06-2011
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 71 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
yep, perth to darwin on the bitumen, and up the regularly graded gibb river road are a couple of real horror stretches mate.

You've really got to learn to use the little coloured piccies on the right hand side of the thread reply section davidd ....

The poor fellas think that your statement was meant to try and scare em off the well travelled tourist trap tracks

Unless Im mistaken it should have looked like this ??? .....

Quote:
Rather than .....

Quote:

FWIW .... and IMHO .... any 4wd vehicle that cant get to all the cutesy destinations during travel weather without major incident is either a dud from the factory or has been driven incorrectly.

My fondest memory of a gibb trip was the sight of a little 1980's Charade and trailer poking along quite happily .... halfway round - on their trip from Melbourne ......

Last edited by carvesdodo; 18-06-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old 18-06-2011
Full Flexer

You know, I work amongst old people. The majority of them are exceptionally nice, supportive, tolerant and encouraging. Gee, you see so many of them together and as individuals, out back and having the best times of their lives.

And then there are those old people who aren't very nice. Not many of them, but enough. And they are the ones who make life hell for every one around them and have done so all their lives. They are the ones who get sick and love it; moan about everything and love it; sit on their arses all day and love it. Thankfully, because of these ways of being in the world, one hardly gets to see them or hear them. No one wants to know them But, damn, we can't avoid them on the internet!

We all have to learn how to work together to get entertainment from them and their bitching, put downs and other pure old pain in the arse behaviours. What's more, we have to learn to have determination to face what they will never face and to do what they will never do. That's why I am still going on my trip, alone if necessary. Thankfully, I just know I won't meet a PITA oldie.... probably lots of nice ones though. Oh, and you young one's who talk the talk of an evolving PITA, be careful...
Old 18-06-2011
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdingerslammer View Post
You know, I work amongst old people. The majority of them are exceptionally nice, supportive, tolerant and encouraging. Gee, you see so many of them together and as individuals, out back and having the best times of their lives.

And then there are those old people who aren't very nice. Not many of them, but enough. And they are the ones who make life hell for every one around them and have done so all their lives. They are the ones who get sick and love it; moan about everything and love it; sit on their arses all day and love it. Thankfully, because of these ways of being in the world, one hardly gets to see them or hear them. No one wants to know them But, damn, we can't avoid them on the internet!

We all have to learn how to work together to get entertainment from them and their bitching, put downs and other pure old pain in the arse behaviours. What's more, we have to learn to have determination to face what they will never face and to do what they will never do. That's why I am still going on my trip, alone if necessary. Thankfully, I just know I won't meet a PITA oldie.... probably lots of nice ones though. Oh, and you young one's who talk the talk of an evolving PITA, be careful...
good god feller, give us a break. you really need to come back to reality and get your ego in check. you've bought your first 4wd and you're doing a few trips. you are not some kind of pioneering adventurer going where no man has gone before, breaking new ground so lesser beings can follow in your footsteps. you are going places where thousands have been before you and some a number of times. get real mate. there are many many experienced people on this forum and off it who have been places you will never go, so ease up please, your ego is beginning to get the better of you, and you're starting to build yourself into something you are not.
Old 18-06-2011
Full Flexer

Quote:
good god feller, give us a break. you really need to come back to reality and get your ego in check. you've bought your first 4wd and you're doing a few trips. you are not some kind of pioneering adventurer going where no man has gone before, breaking new ground so lesser beings can follow in your footsteps. you are going places where thousands have been before you and some a number of times. get real mate. there are many many experienced people on this forum and off it who have been places you will never go, so ease up please, your ego is beginning to get the better of you, and you're starting to build yourself into something you are not.
Oh, don't be so silly!!! But davidd, weren't you saying these trips were dangerous etc and that I should not do them, even on my own. Thousands have done them according to you and I bet almost all on their own, even though they are dangerous. Well, so you say. Do you know, lots of soothsayers have said for years not to buy caravans but is is almost Australia's #1 growth industry. So, too, the recreational 4wd world. Sales are topping the charts. And these people are going where no one has gone before, including you, athough you could have done everything, which is perhaps why you seem to be a bit bilious.

Just think, so many people have not seen or toured Australia because of mis-information and mis-representation about difficulty etc. commonly perpetrated by magazines and sales people and likewise ignorant or motivated people. Give us all a break. I will continue to encourage JK forum participants to get out and see the country, instead of the rest of the world as a better preference. God knows, we need the tourist dollars here.

If you are broken down on some outback track and I come across you, would you like me to rescue you? Or are you one of those tourers who whizzes along with their windows wound up and the air conditioner going full blast and to hell with any one else. Have a nice day. Oh, and I haven't retired yet.

Last edited by humdingerslammer; 18-06-2011 at 01:11 PM. Reason: more information to hand
Old 18-06-2011
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

if this is what it is like in a retirement home I am going to have to do my best to stay out.
Post New Thread  Reply