JK Wrangler MY 2016 Fault Code P0300 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-12-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 187 Times in 119 Posts
Default JK Wrangler MY 2016 Fault Code P0300

Howdy Fellow Wranglers, I have been driving my new JKU for about 800km on Freeway conditions when I noticed two things, the Engine warning lamp came up as I was reversing out of a driveway but it wasn't flashing. I read that the car can still be driven when the solid engine MIL appears.

I checked the code and the result was P0300. Also discovered that ECON was not coming on any more.

Ummmm ...Not sure how I can say this .... but .... is this for real? New car, new engine.

p.s. I have decided to keep my 21 yo XJ Cherokee Sport which will be now be doing the lions share of outback travels in the New Year.
Old 27-12-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 542 Times in 304 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Did the engine cut out, even very briefly, at any time?
Maybe something not connected properly being new. Engine miss on various or all cylinders may be something simple.
Let your dealer turn it into something complicated before going to Channel 7.
Old 27-12-2016
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazza D View Post
Did the engine cut out, even very briefly, at any time?
Maybe something not connected properly being new. Engine miss on various or all cylinders may be something simple.
Let your dealer turn it into something complicated before going to Channel 7.
Engine is still driving fine. Noticed nothing out of the ordinary in terms of engine sound or power. It is just that the engine MIL is illuminated, and the ECON indicator is not illuminating any more.
Old 27-12-2016
I just registered

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Don't sell it just yet.
It is just P0300, which is misfire code.
This one is a PITA, cos mine used to pop it when sat idling in heavy traffic. It won't affect the way it runs.
Not sure if it is self clearing, as I have a scanner and just clear it with that.
Old 27-12-2016
Established Member

Liked 21 Times in 11 Posts

I had this before and was a loose MAP sensor wire. Mine was running like Sh1t though and would be unlikely from new I would've thought? Strangers things could happen though. Mine didn't self clear either...
Old 27-12-2016
Full Flexer

It is not self clearing.

Have to take it to steeler to reset it as part of the 1000k service. That is all they will do. They will prolly not look at the causes and the lamp will come on again then I will have to take it back to them, again and again . It is a PITA when you live an hour away from any Heep Steeler and you are under warranty. I wouldn't care if I was outa warranty.
Old 27-12-2016
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 169 Times in 108 Posts

There are two types of engine codes, active and stored.

An active code means something has happened and either the vehicle hasn't been through enough key cycles, distance travelled or time for the CEL, (check engine light), to go off or the fault has happened again/is happening.

A stored code means something has happened but after a certain amount of key cycles, time or distance travelled the fault has not re-occurred meaning the CEL has turned off but the code is stored so it can be checked.

Not wanting to sound like a first level IT help desk, but disconnect your battery, leave it disconnected for 20 minutes, re-connect it and see if the fault returns.

At the age that the vehicle and the fact it isn't running like a bag of shit, I'd say at worst case it's a lose connector somewhere that's has a hissy fit and needs to be correctly seated.