KM 410 series - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep History in Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-03-2015
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default KM 410 series

Some may argue these are not Jeeps but Jeep sold the stampings to Korea and the made these and several other versions. Apparently you could easily see where Jeep stampings were supposed to be a distortion as the stamps got welded up.

These ones in Malaysia are KM 414 with recoiless rifle mount. The body is pretty much standard Jeep with the grille flipped to the horizontal.

The drive train is similar to, but predates Rocsta.

Mike
(Project Gimpy)
1983 Acmat TPK4-20-SM
1965 M63 Ural
1997 TJ Jeep Wrangler
Old 19-03-2015
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 48 Times in 39 Posts

Such a shame that these are just sitting there rusting away...
Old 19-03-2015
Established Member

Check out my Ride(s)

Many have gone to Thailand now to be bogged up and rented to tourists.

I could have bought 3 for 2000 bucks a few years back. The thing that held me back was that I would most likely have ditched the entire drive train.

Mike
(Project Gimpy)
1983 Acmat TPK4-20-SM
1965 M63 Ural
1997 TJ Jeep Wrangler
Old 29-04-2015
Established Member

Check out my Ride(s)

Working and dealing with stuff up here is odd at times. I was asking my favourite junk dealer about some winches, assorted off-roading gear and some parts off these Jeeps (all in pigeon English and whatsapp photos). His yard is 2.5 hours North of me

Anyway the next day this was sent to my yard, with the wheels on it.

Arrived with a bill for 300 bucks. Funny as I was asking about the headlight protectors and battery trays!!

I share a yard with a mate so I am hoping he will adopt it.

edit: I see new Army junk in the background so a road trip is on the cards

Mike
(Project Gimpy)
1983 Acmat TPK4-20-SM
1965 M63 Ural
1997 TJ Jeep Wrangler

Last edited by fesm_ndt; 29-04-2015 at 01:48 AM.
Old 21-08-2015
Jedi Master

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 919 Times in 625 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Whereabouts in Malaysia are the Jeeps at? What's the history and whereabouts are you there? Interesting.
Old 28-12-2015
Established Member

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyvokka View Post
Whereabouts in Malaysia are the Jeeps at? What's the history and whereabouts are you there? Interesting.
G'Day

Apologies for a really late response as haven't been in here much as my expected return to Aussie was supposed to be last June and it keeps dragging on. So my TJ sits in a shed whilst I accumulate parts for it with the hope of getting back to Aus early in 2016 (Hopefully with my Acmat also).

These are ex-Malaysian Army KM-410 vehicles that were fitted with recoilless rifles. Most the Junkyard shots are from Ipoh and some are at a yard I do car work at in the outer suburbs of Kuala Lumpur.

Mike
(Project Gimpy)
1983 Acmat TPK4-20-SM
1965 M63 Ural
1997 TJ Jeep Wrangler
Old 23-02-2016
Jedi Master

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 919 Times in 625 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Awesome. Keep us updated.... Veeeery interesting what you're up to..
Post New Thread  Reply