Lift and Tyres of your JK - Page 150 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-07-2012
DetroitDemon

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

hmm 2011 doesn't really need the brake lines to be redone, they're quite long standard and the factory mounting position (between the shock and the coil) just needs to be lifted a bit to allow for the increased travel.

07 to '10 have a daggy brake line positioning with the line running between the shock and the tyre.

Solutions for 07-'10 can be to bend the hard line part to change the angle and location of where it sits (basically you bend it down a bit and closer to the shock body). Or replace with 2011/newer brake lines or replace with aftermarket brake lines.
Old 23-07-2012
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 107 Times in 78 Posts

Hi JB,
Mine's an MY10. Length wise my front lines are fine even with a 2.5" lift, though had to extend the rear lines.

Yom,
Thanks for that. Is it OK to try to bend the hard brake line itself? I wouldn't have dared try that for fear of snapping them. I was going to have a go at bending the bracket instead. At the moment the bracket has a very slight bend in it. I thought but tightening that bend it would move point the brake lines forward more towards the shock rather than outwards towards the tyre.
Old 23-07-2012
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

They can take a bit of manipulation just like the chassis hardlines but they really shouldn't be changed much from their factory shape/angle.

Issue is with the wider tyres on the stock rims it is possible you my not be abe to stop yours from rubbing without adjusting your steering stop to stop distance.

Personally, I'd keep an eye out for people getting rid of their 2011 and newer brake lines for a retrofit.

I'm not much of a fan of the aftermarket braided stuff (my rears need to be replaced, been on the vehicle since 2009, factory lines in the front are A-OK).

Last edited by Yom; 23-07-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 23-07-2012
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomBA View Post
Welcome and nice looking rig!
285/70/16 would be a good size, BFG km2's are a pretty good all rounder if your willing to spend the cash. Pro comp have some ok rims, or you could try rugged ridge. Make sure to get rims with 4.75" or 4.5" back spacing so nothing rubs. They should also stay inside your flares so there's no issues of having to upgrade flares ect.
Thanks for the reply,

yeah I been looking at km2s, Goodyear Fierce Attitude MTs, and MTZ

Any other wheels that people recommend in black?

If I get bigger tyres, does that mean less fuel economy?

Regarding flares, do they also affect fuel economy(aesthetics) not just for tyre size?
Old 24-07-2012
CrawlerStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay View Post
Thanks for the reply,

yeah I been looking at km2s, Goodyear Fierce Attitude MTs, and MTZ

Any other wheels that people recommend in black?

If I get bigger tyres, does that mean less fuel economy?

Regarding flares, do they also affect fuel economy(aesthetics) not just for tyre size?
AEV Pintler or Savegre.

Yes.

Flares won't do anything to your fuel economy, purely aesthetic and to give better tyre coverage.

2011 JK Sport Cosmos Blue RIP :-(
Old 24-07-2012
AJOR Silver

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

http://www.jeepkonection.com.au has a great selection of rims.. steelies, aloy and beadlocks.. look for about a 4.5-4.75 back spacing, as mentioned by phantom in a previous post

im getting these in a 4.25bs, 17"x8" (and wider flares) ($146 each)
http://bit.ly/1eFBSY5
Old 24-07-2012
AJOR Silver

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

does anyone have a stockist in oz for rancho adjustables?

cheers
sLaDe
http://bit.ly/1eFBSY5
Post New Thread  Reply