Myths and fairy tails about the VM TD - Page 23 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 28 Times in 19 Posts

sad to see you go deez enjoyed you comments and technical knowledge, all the best.
Del
Old 06-02-2017
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Thankyou so much for our technical conversations on diesel a subject I have no real depth of knowledge on, I enjoyed them 1000% and gained a lot. Very much appreciated. Take care Deezelweazel and all the best for your future!!@@

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
ZJ 1998
Old 18-09-2017
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi guys,

Just bought a 2001 XJ TD (UK import). Hasn't been treated the best and I need a new radiator and rocker cover gasket. Anybody have any good suggestions for suppliers either here or in the UK?

Also, I'll probably be looking to upgrade to sports extractors, but again finding it difficult to locate manufacturers and whatnot.

Has anyone done much with chip-tuning? Any info recommendations would be great!

Thanks!!
Old 18-09-2017
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Liked 6,550 Times in 4,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJDegroot View Post
Hi guys,

Just bought a 2001 XJ TD (UK import). Hasn't been treated the best and I need a new radiator and rocker cover gasket. Anybody have any good suggestions for suppliers either here or in the UK?

Also, I'll probably be looking to upgrade to sports extractors, but again finding it difficult to locate manufacturers and whatnot.

Has anyone done much with chip-tuning? Any info recommendations would be great!

Thanks!!
Talk to MudMonster on the group. He was making larger dump pipes at one stage. TD doesnt have a need for extractors as its a turbo diesel.
Spyder in the UK made a tuner box. I have one but have been told that it wont work on the 92 pin engine computer & as yours is a 2001 that is what it will probably have. Do you have 2 temp senders ~ heads 2 & 3 IIRC?

You are probably better forming a rocker gasket with silicone. Put down an even bead on the cover surface about 3mm thick, once it goes hard, wipe a thin layer of silicone on the stuff that has gone hard & bolt it down gently.

Probably easiest to get a radiator from UK. They are on ebay. The cooling system is very important as over heating will kill the heads very quick.

How many Km has it done?

Does it have a HP or LP front diff?

Good luck.
Old 31-12-2023

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

hi all I am doing due diligence on TD XJ. I am tired of the 15-17L consumption of my petrol XJ. What fuel consumption can I expect in stock condition (no bull bars etc) but with 31-inch wheels? Does it have more up-and-go compared to 4L? thank you
Old 01-01-2024
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Liked 6,550 Times in 4,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjeep1 View Post
hi all I am doing due diligence on TD XJ. I am tired of the 15-17L consumption of my petrol XJ. What fuel consumption can I expect in stock condition (no bull bars etc) but with 31-inch wheels? Does it have more up-and-go compared to 4L? thank you
I get around 8 to 9 from mine on 31's.
A lot of highway driving. Probably 75% highway.
Its done nearly 400,000km.