WK2: Hounds Build Up - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2014
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 20 Times in 13 Posts

"I am thinking I might try and find a threaded steel rod to screw into the hole for the spare screw holder, drill a hole in the ply to poke it through and use a wing nut and washer or somthing as an extra hold down point for the ply. "
Hounds
Thats how i hold my false floor in .Recessed & screwed a backing plate under the false floor & then a threaded rod with a nut welded on the end , covered with the hole i cut for the recess & carpeted.
It's 14mm threaded rod u will need. Bit hard to locate ,found it at Coventry Fasteners @ eagle farm .
Paul
Old 08-03-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 61 Times in 32 Posts
Default Re: Hounds Build Up

No just the light. Does make a difference though.

I built a mount for the Maxtrax myself.

Base parts of it is a set of Rhino universal awning brackets and the mounting pins you can buy off the Maxtrax website.

Then its just some steel, nuts and bolts from Bunnings.

I originally built it for my previous rig and had to redo it a bit because the cross bars on the GC are closer together.

I have had some comments on it since I built it up.

Keeps them out of the car and takes up less space on the roof then lying them down.

Also easy access if ever needed.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2014
RubiconSlammer

Liked 279 Times in 197 Posts

Yeah, I'm looking at a pioneer platform on top, but also need to fit a spare tyre and gas bottle up there, so sitting the maxtrax up like that would make more space. Thanks for the detailed pics....
Old 09-03-2014
Jedi Master

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 919 Times in 625 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Gidday Hounds,

Nice work you got going there. Am liking the wheels a lot.

Question about the Ark Pak. Is that a stand alone battery for the fridge or part of a "dual" battery system? How long does is take to charge from almost dead to full 1) driving 2) At Home Wall Socket DC
Old 09-03-2014
CrawlerStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8 View Post
Gidday Hounds,

Nice work you got going there. Am liking the wheels a lot.

Question about the Ark Pak. Is that a stand alone battery for the fridge or part of a "dual" battery system? How long does is take to charge from almost dead to full 1) driving 2) At Home Wall Socket DC
It is a stand alone set up.

Sorry cant tell you about the charge times as I only bought the set up a couple of weeks ago and have not used it yet.

Only thing is it only charges at a rate of 6 amp hour so I guess it would depend on what size battery you have in there.

I have a 100amp/h while mates with it have a 90 and a 130 amp/h I think.

Old 09-03-2014
CrawlerStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul mac View Post
"I am thinking I might try and find a threaded steel rod to screw into the hole for the spare screw holder, drill a hole in the ply to poke it through and use a wing nut and washer or somthing as an extra hold down point for the ply. "
Hounds
Thats how i hold my false floor in .Recessed & screwed a backing plate under the false floor & then a threaded rod with a nut welded on the end , covered with the hole i cut for the recess & carpeted.
It's 14mm threaded rod u will need. Bit hard to locate ,found it at Coventry Fasteners @ eagle farm .
Paul
Thanks guys, and here I was thinking I am a bush/backyard engineering genius thinking up this set up.

Have you got some photos Paul?

Cheers

Matt

Old 09-03-2014
Established Member

Liked 20 Times in 13 Posts

Will take some tomorrow . The ones on my phone are too dark.

Sent from my XT925 using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app