WK2 2012-13. Issues to look for? - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2018
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Thanks... tell me, how do you find the 8-speed transmission? Some people seem to dislike the shifter.
Old 03-10-2018
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 106 Times in 76 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm View Post
You might be even more annoyed if you had to spend thousands on injectors,HP pump ,etc in near new Toyota Landcruiser and Prado,Hilux s. Google problems with these vehicles you may be surprised.There are faults with all makes of vehicles.I own a 2010 WH diesel and a 2012 CC Overland diesel (Merc autobox) and both are great vehicles. WH caused a headache with N23 recall.Google how the suspension works.Plenty of parts available in US for airbag suspension.Make sure all services have been done to schedule.Remember A/T fluid should have been changed at no more than 40000ks if vehicle been towing van.
As you say, there are problems with all makes of vehicles. My wife’s car is a Captiva, and as you may have read from some of the negative responses I’ve received on this, they don’t have the best reputation. Yes they are known to have issues, but what brand is problem free? We have not had one single issue with this car. Best car we’ve ever had (I’m waiting for the sniggers on this comment). With some research on google there are also some horror stories about GC’s. But as we know, because of this forum, that’s not the case. Check the history with service and recalls on whatever particular vehicle you’re looking at, and if it’s from a dealer, see what warranty it has. Good luck when you make you’re purchase AnthropoidApe. I’m looking forward to see how things go.

Last edited by FamilyTruckster; 03-10-2018 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-10-2018
Full Flexer

Liked 355 Times in 199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthropoidApe View Post
Thanks... tell me, how do you find the 8-speed transmission? Some people seem to dislike the shifter.
nothing wrong with the shifter in the 14 era models, unless you're an incompetent american who can't distinguish between p and d .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepersCreepers13 View Post
As you say, there are problems with all makes of vehicles. My wife’s car is a Captiva, and as you may have read from some of the negative responses I’ve received on this, they don’t have the best reputation. Yes they are known to have issues, but what brand is problem free? We have not had one single issue with this car. Best car we’ve ever had (I’m waiting for the sniggers on this comment). With some research on google there are also some horror stories about GC’s. But as we know, because of this forum, that’s not the case. Check the history with service and recalls on whatever particular vehicle you’re looking at, and if it’s from a dealer, see what warranty it has. Good luck when you make you’re purchase AnthropoidApe. I’m looking forward to see how things go.
if a company has a tonne of recalls then isn't that better than not having recalls . The way i see it is FCA are ahead of the ball by issuing a recall notice for a certain issue unlike companies like toyota who refuse to admit their unbreakable hilux's have dpf issues etc
Old 03-10-2018
RubiconSlammer

Liked 1,285 Times in 682 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

It's strange how negative folklore seems to attach itself to particular brands, mostly perpetrated by those who have no direct experience with the brands they bag. Among them are some one-eyed Toyota owners who try to justify the horrendous prices they paid for their cars which in reality are no better. The same 'baggers' also get stuck into Land Rovers, but I'm happy to tell anyone that Jeep and LR are the best cars I've owned in the last 15 years. In that time the only rubbish I've owned was a Territory (we don't mention the 'T' word any more - a piece of crap that cost me plenty to keep upright and moving).

As for recalls guys, regard them as a positive thing. One thing FCA does do well is issue proactive recalls, for virtually anything. Put that up against many other brands which are reluctant to issue recalls and just wait for you to break down. Even better if you buy second hand (a really good one) that's had the recalls attended to. You can plug in the VIN on the FCA website which will immediately tell you if the car you're looking at has any recalls not completed. Incidentally, the GC doesn't have airbags made by Takata, so no issues there.

Yep, most of the folklore is BS founded on ignorance.
Old 03-10-2018
RubiconSlammer

Liked 1,285 Times in 682 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Yep, I am with you and that is why I am looking at this make and model. I have never owned a car that didn't need a bit of rectification of design flaws.

On paper the WK2 is just sensational value as a used purchase, provided you get a good one. I am pretty close to pulling the trigger.
Great, enjoy your search, there's plenty out there so you're bound to find a ripper.
Old 04-10-2018
RubiconSlammer

Liked 279 Times in 197 Posts

Quote:
I like the shifter, from Park to Drive is a flick back and off you go. But it can take a bit of time to get use to changing into R, especially if you are trying to do a quick 3 point turn. It's easy to miss it and get N or P.
Old 04-10-2018
Full Flexer

Liked 355 Times in 199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn0 View Post
I like the shifter, from Park to Drive is a flick back and off you go. But it can take a bit of time to get use to changing into R, especially if you are trying to do a quick 3 point turn. It's easy to miss it and get N or P.
exactly , my only issue is sometimes when i rest my hand on the shifter and hit a bump or something offroad and it goes into n but really i have had no issues in being able to tell wether i am in p or d .

being able to just knock it back to go into sport etc is fine. i like the shape of the shifter as well
Post New Thread  Reply