Quadralift - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-01-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default Quadralift

In my search for a jeep I'm interested to learn more about the quadralift air suspension for the GC. On the USA sites people have issues about not been able to control the system but seems a Australian company has a fix for that so with that in mind is the air system good or should I get a normal lifted GC? Hope to run a 33" tyre.
Old 22-01-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 115 Times in 77 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Hi,

We have Q/L on our Jeep. It is excellent, no dramas controlling it!

It is particularly good for hitching/towing - it self levels the car with the trailer.

I like the Entry/Exit setting - it goes lower when you want to go in a carpark or just get out of the car. It is at it's lowest point. The Aero Mode gives you optimum fuel econ.

Don't know anything re a 33' tyre, but we have the standard 20s and 18s and the tyres that came with them and no issues.

Really like it - no issues at all thus far.

Cheers,
Sally

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER
Old 22-01-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Thats a good start, thanks for your reply. So works with standard setup thats great but i plan to modify so would really like to here from someone that has done that to there GC, as thats where we will run in to the problems.
Old 22-01-2017
Senior Newbie

Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

G'day
I have a 2011 grand with Uneek 4x4 bull bar with runva winch rear bar with tyre carrier and jerry carrier. Tradesman aluminium roof rack and factory supplied side steps that have taken a beating but survived. I have had no issues with the quadra lift the only annoyance is the reduced downward wheel travel when in the offroad heights it does tend to make a bit of a thump when it drops off rocks etc. This car has completed the simpson desert, cape york including the otl southern section and gunshot. travelled through outback Qld and into the gulf. the flinders ranges and victorian high country excursions.
forgot to mention the long range fuel tank as an added extra and airflow snorkel.
Sparky60
Old 23-01-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 158 Times in 112 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I have the air suspension and love it and use it for all the uses so far stated. I even use it to level the camper if the car is still attached.

I also have a LLAMS fitted - mine was the first to get one - and it overcomes the speed limits for different heights.

Cheers
Numb Thumbs
Old 23-01-2017
RubiconSlammer

Liked 279 Times in 197 Posts

Fitting 33s isn't easy, some seem to have done it with changing the offset to give more clearance from the front suspension control arm bolt, and trimming a bit of metal. Or you can run 32s (275/65r18 ) ok with original offset, and minimal rubbing of felt wheel arch liners.

Check out the uneek site, they have some good shots of their modded GC and their accessories.

Last edited by Benn0; 23-01-2017 at 11:53 AM.
Old 23-01-2017
Established Member

Liked 48 Times in 33 Posts

Air System is the only way to go, if you put a bar on, it compensates.Then you put steps on, it compensates. Then you load the car up for that weekend away, guess what... it compensates. Then you get to camping destination & unload vehicle.... you guessed it, it compensates agin... while all the time giving you a ride the Queen wouldn't complain about. There is NO COIL SYSTEM than can match what the air system does, it is either too soft what fully laden or tooooo hard when unladen. My last 4x4 was a GU Ti Series 6 Patrol. I had it for 10years, in that time I changed the suspension system & shocks over 8 times trying to get a compromise between load & no load, I was just about to put AIR bags under it but SWMBO said we needed a new 4X4. Best move I made.

One more thing... Range Rover has air, Nissan y62 has Hydraulic Body Motion Control suspension (front and rear) (HBMC). Mitsubishi is going to have something similar on new Pajero. L/Cruiser are going air on the new 300 series.

Ask yourself why are they all doing this? Jeep like Range Rover saw the light long ago & offered it.... to be at the front of the pack!