iDatalink Maestro RR in Australia - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-08-2018
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodzkull View Post
https://www.seicane.com/hd-touch-scr...camera-s301171

Something like this could also be an option, and allow you to run engine monitoring apps like torque as well
Unfortunately only for LH drive vehicles
Old 15-08-2018

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip View Post
Unfortunately only for LH drive vehicles
Yes I noticed that, for the life of me I can't see why though
Old 16-08-2018
Senior Newbie

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodzkull View Post
Yes I noticed that, for the life of me I can't see why though
You have to cut into the dash and they supply a couple of replacement dash pieces that are for left hand drive only.
Old 18-08-2018
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi All,

I've done some more research, you need the US head unit to go with iDataLink. This Australian units don't have the iDataLink port on the back of them. I've checked Alpine, Pioneer and Kenwood. So that leaves importing the whole lot of the USA. Means there is the risk of iDatalink not working with our cambus and the radio not working with our frequencies.
I think FM may work on units you can change the stepping on on from 200 to 100. Our stations are 200 part but our frequencies are 100 off from the USA models.

Does anyone know if the jeep cambus is the same between USA and here?
Anyone imported a head unit and iDataLink?
Old 18-08-2018

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

I'll be following this as I was thinking about a Kenwood dmx7704s, iDatalink CHK1 and iDatalink Maestro for my 2015 Cherokee.
Never considered a CANBUS issue.

Crash486 - Cherokee Limited 2015 Diesel
Old 18-08-2018
Senior Newbie

Check out my Ride(s)

Hmmm, it’s all getting too hard. I think I’ll just go with either the Aus Kenwood or Alpine with the harness adapter for the steering controls and the stock 9 speaker Alpine amp setup. I can buy it all locally. Just means miss out on the data function.
Old 19-08-2018
CrawlerStar

Liked 43 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip View Post
Hmmm, it’s all getting too hard. I think I’ll just go with either the Aus Kenwood or Alpine with the harness adapter for the steering controls and the stock 9 speaker Alpine amp setup. I can buy it all locally. Just means miss out on the data function.
Well without data is easy, I'm thinking you might as well give the models that have the port a go, I don't really see why you wouldn't get data but if it doesn't work then you're in the same spot anyway. If you use radio then confirm the frequencies, I've had 2 international models and both tune fine although I never use it.

For steering wheel controls I have a PAC SWI but it's always been a pain, i ended up ordering the maestro to see if I can try and tidy it all up a bit back there.
Post New Thread  Reply