What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 784 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-05-2013
asp_777
Visitor

Just Installed my AEV snorkel for the 3.6. Took about 5 hours. A good piece of kit and really good quality.
Old 24-05-2013
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyten View Post
Thought about that, but the AEV Gen2 is much wider throat than most others.
I put a Donaldson Topspin prefilter on mine. Not too noisy, only hear it when I get the engine over ~4kRPM. Then it's a bit like a turbo whine. Check online & you will find that Donaldson do lots of different throat sizes for their heads, since they design for everything from small jobs, like a tiny 3.8V6 to the really big demands of tractors & trucks.

You should be able to find something that fits.
Old 25-05-2013
RubiconSlammer

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
Default What have you done to your JK this week?

I jacked the car a little more so that the dog could sleep under it!!!

This is the before shot.

Old 25-05-2013
Senior Newbie

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

What front bar is that? Looks good and sharp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozjeepster View Post
Installed TerraFlex 1in front coil spacers & then my new Zeon Winch , getting the rope through the anchor point in the drum was a McBitch lol

Now to work out what rear bar to get lol
Old 25-05-2013
Senior Newbie

iPad with serval mapping apps just incase
Old 25-05-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 547 Times in 265 Posts

I made and fitted a roof top storage box (internal) that fits over the rear seat of my JKU, between the speaker bar and the rear roll cage bar. The box measures 140 mm deep (using 140mm x 15mm smooth pine as back and 2 sides).This is deep enough to hold a standard can. Top and bottom r made of 3mm plywood. These have been screwed to the pine. Opening faces rearward. Length is about 1480mm x 400mmm wide (this could be a bit less (say 350mm) to allow easier placing of things inside). Painted black. The depth is such that it does not impinge on the view through the rear mirror.

To secure the box, I have used 3 L shaped brackets screwed and bolted to the sides of the box. Two of the brackets simply sit on top of the roll cage immediately above the rear door, and give it stability. A third bracket has been bolted between them and this is also bolted through the roll bar in an existing hole about in the middle of the bar above the rear door. These bolts stop the box moving up and down and backwards and forwards. The clearance between the box and the roof is about 10mm. You can adjust this by adjusting the L bracket position on the side of the box. I made mine flush with the top of the box.

It's a bit tricky getting the box in place so, if u make one, leave one side off (after pre-drilling holes etc and fixing the L brackets). Secure the opposite side (you will need to support the other side with something tall) and then fit the second side. Do this, or you wont be able to fit the box without removing the rear soft/hard top.

All up, the box cost less than $40.00. I used spare bits and pieces that I had lying around the garage and shed. It all works a treat!! Pic #1: box in place; #2 Looking from the rear of the JK; #3 the bolt through roll bar; #4 roof clearance; #5 bracket arrangement (the short end attaches to box side, the long end sits atop the roll bar.Middle bracket had extra hole drilled in middle to attach to side of box and so as to line up with the roll bar hole).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0137.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	62031   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0138.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	62032   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0139.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	62033   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0140.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	62034   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0141.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	62035  

Last edited by humdingerslammer; 25-05-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old 25-05-2013
Rated the trail

Liked 24 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by house View Post

iPad with serval mapping apps just incase
I've done something similar with my iPad mini, I use mud maps memory maps and hema maps