Any difference in the pre 2011 head unit and 2011+ ? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 128 Times in 63 Posts
Default Any difference in the pre 2011 head unit and 2011+ ?

Are the head units in 2007-2010 JKs any different from 2011+?

Our Offroad Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/go4x4media
Old 03-03-2016
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

I believe there is a difference in the main plug from 2012 or 2013. Someone else may be able to confirm though. I remember when I bought an aftermarket headunit for my 2011 that there was a change in later vehicles.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Old 03-03-2016
Full Flexer

Yeah I want to buy aftermarket

http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Android.../GA5177FS.html

Wanna try this one out, cheap and crazy specs. It's tested on Wrangler 2010. So I need to know if 2010 and 2011 have exactly same headunits

Does your 2011 have the new interior?

Old 03-03-2016
AJOR Bronze

Yes mines a late 2011 with the new interior. I'm pretty sure that the headunit didn't change until after 2012.

I've got an eonon unit in mine as well. I emailed them first to make sure what unit would fit directly into mine before I bought it. The only thing I had to do was buy an adapter for the aerial as its a different plug. The lead cost me about $5 from eBay. Apart from that it was plug and play. I didn't even have to program the steering wheel controls.

This is mine

Old 07-03-2016
Full Flexer

thanks for help mate. Looking good, better then stock unit for sure. I want the android version, that would be sick

Old 07-03-2016
AJOR Bronze

I bought the windows version purely because I liked the software for navigation part as I have a similar unit in my TJ.

If I had my time again, I would have went Android.

Post New Thread  Reply