Hi all, have a 2008 wh 3l desiel, and it failed to start, just kept turning over. Re - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2017
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Hi all, have a 2008 wh 3l desiel, and it failed to start, just kept turning over. Re

Sent from my SM-T110 using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app
Old 08-01-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 60 Times in 52 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

did you try multiple times or just the once.
Old 08-01-2017
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tried multiple times spent about an hour to no aval. Tries to run when using 'start u bastard', but no go either. Vehicle has only 188,000km and serviced every 8,000km.

Old 08-01-2017
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,189 Times in 788 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

On the driver's side of the engine near the turbo there is a 1 inch hose, unplug it & spray the start ya barstard in the hole as the engine crank's.
If it doesn't start then you haven't got glow plug issue's.

Could be fuel filter or crank angle sensor but just a guess without codes.
Old 09-01-2017
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Clarky, have replaced the glowplugs and also the fuel filter, and now also the crank sensor. Wondering if the injector module could be the culprit? This has got me stumped..... as for the codes ..... there was multiple codes showing.

Old 09-01-2017
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,189 Times in 788 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

What about the glow plug module?
Multiple codes? How's the battery? Common cause of issues with the CRD.

800cca's is a minimum.
Old 10-01-2017
Senior Newbie

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

i had a similar issue, turns out was my cars immobilizer (security system) dying/playing up/spawn of Satan! changed it over and fixed so get that looked at as it could be the culprit, hopefully for you it wont be as it cost me 2400$
Post New Thread  Reply